TAT MY EARS HURT!! guaged up 3 holes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by pir8penguin, Feb 27, 2004.

1. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

My wussy helix 16g had to go, after only 6 weeks Dave said it healed up perfectly fine, and I went to a 14 no problem. The lobes were at 14, with a little help from a taper and some force I'm at 10g. let me be the first to admit this hurt like hell. worse than any piercing i have done. it tore, obviously, and bled a little. burns a bit now.

should i care for the lobes as a new piercing? Dave (piercer) suggested no more than 3-4 days using bacitracin ONCE a day, and soap and water. the helix doesn't even hurt a bit, so i'm just going to keep doing the soap and water thing with that.

2. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

.96 mm stretch....If it tore, then you shouldn't be stretching that fast. You want your ear lobes to rot and die?

Come on. Be careful with your body.

BMEzine.com

Stretching your ears isn't something to fuck around with. there are serious risks. Read up people.

3. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

first of all its spelled gauge not guage, and gauge is a measurement not a procedure.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

alright...my first bit of advice...DO NOT EVER GO BACK TO THAT PIERCER...if he was willing to force a taper through your ear, then he really shouldnt be working on people in general. stretching is something that you need to take slowly and not rush. as for bacitracin, throw that shit in the garbage. just use sea salt soaks... 2-3teaspoons to 1L of warm water. put some in a coffee cup/small glass and stick your ear in it. you will have to treat your lobes as fresh piercings now.

5. druid

druid What do the 5 fingers say?

I'd have to agree with the above post, your piercer is a dumbass and i would find a new one asap.

6. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

great first post....not

and pick a name... either post under gooter or Almighty Buttons
    not both.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2004
  7. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

actually we arent the same person but thanks for trying, if perhaps u are referring to the fact that we have the same isp address right now that is simply because i am posting from my laptop off of his network. and good work with the "not" post. welcome to 1990.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

tried to reply, clicked edit instead. sorry!

but, don't be an asshole. I know what i'm talking about which why i'm a moderator of this forum. If you don't like my advice, then don't take it. Simple enough?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2004
  9. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

alright, gooter80 tries to educate someone on 'proper piercing terms' and when i respond, my post gets deleted. god i love public forums

now, as gooter80 said, it is STRETCHING, not gauging!. if you gauge your ears, all you are doing is measuring them. the proper term is stretching.

now, if this...."but, don't be an asshole. I know what i'm talking about which why i'm a moderator of this forum. If you don't like my advice, then don't take it. Simple enough?" was towards me, then again please explain to me what piercing experience you have. that is all i asked. yes it may have been in an aggressive way, but you still didnt answer my question

11. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Wow, as much as I love board drama, cuz it's funny. Let's try to keep this professional. People come to this board with questions, we like them to get the right info.

Gooter, obviously it doesn't matter whether a person uses the term stretching or gauging. You and the rest of the board knew what penguin was talking about. The debate over which word to use is so fucking stupid. Both mean the same thing. I have to see someone respond by saying "What's gauging?" It seems only really anal people have a problem with this, so if that's your only advice keep it to your self.

back to the subject at hand...

Penguin, I could not agree more that you need to get another piercer to look at your lobes ASAP. Before the piercing gets infected, or starts to migrate. it may even require you going back to a 14g or a 12g. To put less stress on the tear, so it heals better. I've never had sea salt recommended for an ear piercing only because it'd be a pain in the ass to hold a cup to your ear for 5 to 10 minutes, but if you can find a way to do it, sea salt does wonders for piercings. My advice, is saline. wet a Q-tip with saline and rub the piercings and the jewelry with it, this is break up the crusties on the jewelry and the skin. Take care of it, and don't stretch for a while after this.

Edit: sorry, button, just read your post in "list your mods", you are a professional piercer. Way to go. I'll be in the corner, prying my foot out of my mouth. But let's try to keep the pissing contests to a minimum. If you think some has posted something that is not correct list facts or copy and paste from a source we can check out. Don't do this "i'm right and your wrong cuz I have experience" No offense to you, but i've met some 'piercers who didn't know shit.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

CrudeGT...its not about finding a source or facts....Oscar stated that he is a mod of this forum for a reason, which to me means he has some sort of piercing experience(by this, i mean more than being pierced, and more than piercing a friends ears) and all i asked was that he state how and why he thinks he is qualifed to be a moderator. I agree with you that there are many 'piercers' who dont know anything at all. You could easily go to BME and look in the encyclopedia, gauging is listed in there right along with stretching. Its a slang term and i know most piercers where im from get annoyed when people use it. but like always, everyone has there own opinion

13. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

i've heard it called both. i mean is this becoming some elite club of people who think they're cool just because they have lots of holes in their body and use certain words? i didn't know there was an official dictionary or glossary of terms. besides, what help are you if all you're going to do is grade my post like a damned english professor?

to the people who actually made suggestions, thank you. i did have another piercer in town look at it. he mentioned a lack of surprise that the other guy would have done that. but he said it looks like there was very little damage done to my ears. i was surprised to hear for the first time in my life that your body builds an immunity to bacitracin in about a week and after that, using it can serioulsy prolong healing. he recommended saline (first time i'd heard of it for piercings). he said there would be no reason to take the rings out, just keep them clean, avoid playing with them. there's currently no continous pain unless i bump my ears on something. i think my ears are going to be fine. again, i appreciate the help from people who actually helped.

ps: specific thanks to oscar. i think you're an ass, but you were helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2004
  14. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

;) anytime

15. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Glad you got some good advice. Going to another piercer will always outweigh the suggestions you can get from a board, because we can not see what the issue is, we can only give suggestions based off your description. So you did the right thing. Glad to hear it's not too bad and can be taken care of.

Sorry if I come across as an asshole sometimes, you can see where I got the nickname crude from. I can not speak for Oscar, as far as experience. My only concern is that I didn;t want this forum to turn into one big pissing contest of "I know more than you" because it makes kids not want to ask questions for fear of their threads becoming a bickering match between people.

16. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

rest assured Nick, Dylan and myself will not let it become that.

17. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

update: ANOTHER piercer looked at my ears today. he's of the impression the taper was brutal, but the tearing is very very minimal. the bleeding (which was equal to squashing a mosquito) came from what looks like a very small paper cut. the other ear has a similar tear, only smaller. he said i should NOT go to smaller jewelry; if anything teh larger rings are keeping pressure on the wound (which is actually closed now, curiously. apparently i heal quickly).

i feel the piercing community is a very helpful one. i vow to never use the word "gauging" again (And if I do, i'll spell it correctly).