MIL my dumbass friend went UA

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 98formyws6, Jul 10, 2005.

1. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

my buddy was in mrp after he broke his wrist, anyways as they usually do to mrp recurits he got assed out and wasnt gonna be put back into training for 2 months, so i guess he decided he had enough and bounced. i havnt really gotten the details but he called me the other day and said he went UA. i told him to turn himself in, how screwed is he?

2. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven OT Supporter

Not too bad if he gets back in within 30 days.. If it's under a week.. they MIGHT consider letting him stay in.

3. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

also just a heads up if you know where he is and don't come forward with this info you can be screwed as well...

don't wanna sound like I'm preaching but, I've seen this happen before.

4. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

turn him in/have him turn himself in.

If he really wants out that bad (read:big fat pussy), just have him refuse to train once he goes back. They'll boot him. Probably be a General under other than Honorable discharge, but it's better than being charged with UA/Desertion.

5. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

i dont know where he called from since i dont have caller id, i know he wasnt joking since i just got a letter from him that stated he was in mrp and they dont allow phone calls, i told himself to turn himself in asap. i dont even know how the hell he managed to get off base.

6. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Depends on the base. Places like Ft Jackson, SC have plenty of places that you can just walk out. Most of the time the folks at the gate don't really give it a second thought if you are walking off base. They would think you are just another soldier without a car.

7. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

mcrd is a little different, literally right next door is san diego airport, the only thing that seperates it is a fence. this whole incident just reminded me of two recurits that went UA when i was in basic, we asked if they would do it again, and their responce, "fuck yeah, we know our way out of here this time". aside from the fact i have zero respect for these pussies who go ua, end up in MHU and all that crap i thought it was funny. i never did find out what happened to them though

8. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

lol
    here I was thinking he'd left MCRDPI.
    I remember staring at the channel between the island and shore and thinking 'you know what? I could swim that.'