SRS my dilemma v. really confused

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by capcom_7, Jul 4, 2006.

1. capcom_7

capcom_7 OT Supporter

My gf and I recently broke it off. I guess differing personalities..... She said it would be a better relationship if it was on a just friends basis. I respected that decision.

I try really hard to continue a "just friends" relationship, but it feels like I'm doing it in vain. Awkwardness is a given. I'm always the one starting the "How're you lately". If I don't say anything, she won't ever ask how I am. So much for just friends.

Besides that, another girl I used to have a thing with and I started talking again. It feels like there could be potential here, but everytime I think about my ex I kinda slump back into this withdrawn state.

When is a good time to begin opening doors to others?

cliffs: recent break up = me being confused. When is it okay for me to open up to other potential?

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Yes it's okay to open up to the new girl if you are ready. It's also okay to no contact the ex.

3. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

sounds like your ex tried to dump you nicely and didnt expect you to actually do the friend thing. spend your time on the new girl.

4. TeddiBearHug

TeddiBearHug New Member

I agree with this.

When the GF/BF thing doesn't totaly work out, it doesn't mean ya have to start hating them to be an ex. Too many people do that.

Sometimes ya want or need to break up and ya don't really know why, or have a valid reason that will satisfy the other person. Sometimes ya have to distance yourself because it feels like your still a couple if ya don't.

You must be a great guy if she doesn't have a reason to hate ya - so she said 'let's just be friends'.

Focus on the new gal

5. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

Why do you want to be her friend?

Move on.