My diet feels weird...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by temp, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temp

temp Coach of the Year.

I'm 21, 6'1", 193 lbs. and possess 21.7% BF. I'm trying to cut down to 10% BF.

Based on the calculations, I need to get somewhere around 2900 cals/day and 225 g of protein.

I ate around 2800 cals yesterday, and 2900 today... both times I cleared the 225 mark. However, I feel like I'm missing something. It's hard to eat that much, and I find it hard to go up to 2800 calories cleanly without doing something like making a PB&J sandwich with natural peanut butter and sugary Welsh's jelly. Today I even gave in to a 10 fl oz serving of Gatorade just to increase calories without eating food.

I'm trying an ECY stack along with Sesamin and Lean Green (at slightly different times). Here's the record of what I ate today:

Diet:
    5 AM - 7.5 mg of Yohimibine, 200 mg caffeine
    6:40 AM - 500 mg Lean Green, 1 g Sesamin

7 AM - Breakfast:
    1 multivitamin
    3.6 g fish oil
    2 boiled egg whites
    1.5 cups of oatmeal

9 AM -
    200 mg caffeine
    25 mg Ephedrine
    1 banana, raw
    1 scoop ON Whey Protein

10:40 AM -
    1 g Sesamin

11 AM (lunch / hour before workout) -
    2 chicken breasts, grilled
    5 baby carrots, raw
    1 oz brocolli leaves, raw
    1/2 cup cucumbers, raw

1 PM (post-workout) -
    4 fl oz. Lemon-Lime Gatorade
    1 banana, raw
    2 scoops ON Whey Protein

2 PM -
    200 mg caffeine, 25 mg ephedrine
    1 Powerbar
    1 oz raw almonds

4:40 PM - 500 mg Lean Green, 1 g Sesamin

5:00 PM -
    1 chicken breast, blackened
    1 egg white
    1 hard-boiled egg, whole
    1 cup cucumbers, raw
    1 cup brocolli, cooked

7:30 PM -
    10 fl. oz Lemon-Lime Gatorade
    1 PB & J sandwich (natural PB, 2 slices whole grain bread, crappy sugary Jelly)

11 PM -
    1 oz raw almonds
    1 cup Albacore Tuna, raw
    1200 mg fish oil

Total: 2980 cals, 29% fat, 36% carbs, 34% protein

2. temp

temp Coach of the Year.

Can you all make some suggestions on what to do, what to move around? I'm an RA at a dorm, and haven't bought a lot of breakfast food to eat in my room. In the cafeteria, the options are pretty much: scrambled eggs, omelet, bacon, hard boiled eggs (I try to eat just the whites), fruit, and oatmeal.

From what I can gather, I should be eating a little more in the mornings, and possibly making my pre-workout meal a lot better.

This weekend I plan to go out and buy some cottage cheese at the very least for night time. What else would you recommend I do to hit 2800-2900 calories without loading up on sugary carbs?

3. temp

temp Coach of the Year.

As far as lunch/dinner options in the cafeteria, I find myself constantly trying to eat 2 chicken breasts each meal along with brocolli and cucumbers/baby carrots. There are options for baked potatoes, but little else is consistently available to eat. I bought myself some tuna, whole-grain bread, natural peanut butter, almonds, and squeezable Welsh's jelly in an attempt to have other options available consistently.

4. Eschafer

Eschafer New Member

you only have like 2-300 cals for breakfast. you should try upping that with more clean foods.

5. party time

party time New Member

im take lean green right but thats the only thing im taking...should i take soemthing else along with it to get the best effect

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

There's no problem with eating PBJ sandwiches. Just try to get natural peanut butter and unsweetened jelly, because it's better for your health :)

7. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Sounds li ke 2800 or 2900 is way too much for you.

According to some people's calculations i needed to eat 3000 calories/day to lose weight. I didn't lose a pound until i started eating just 2000.

8. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

2900 cal/day is (probably) too high for you unless you have a really high activity level...

9. temp

temp Coach of the Year.

It definitely feels too high, even though I calculated it using the formula from the sticky. How far down do you think I should try cutting it to? Today I'm trying to eat around 2500?

10. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

in the morning 2 hard boiled eggs and bacon and sausage and what ever else you want just dont over eat, eat till you are full. but this is the place whereyou can get protein with out the carbs. also eat a waffle with butter or blue berries.

carbs in the mornign are ok because you will but them off by the middle of the day, the rest of the day is all about protein. when you are tired eat some meat. it will wake you up

and 2800 calories is hard for me to get and im at 202 5'10 ive lost 8 lbs since i started my diet.

probably cut down to 2000 or maybe even less.

11. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Try 2000 for a few weeks. See how your weight changes and adjust accordingly.

12. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

I would start at 2300 (12x bodyweight) and adjust from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.