My Diet/Exiercise Plan

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DarkDruid, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

Hey guys, I am new to the Fitness/Nutrition portion of OT ( I did read the stickies though) and was really looking to get in shape. I used to run Cross Country in high school as well as throw the shotput and discus in track so I know some basics to cardio and lifting weights.

After this month I will have completely payed off my car stereo and will have $150 towards buying food/protein powder etc.. :hsd: I just don't know where to begin. It's really cold where I live between November-March so these next few months I have to find indoor workouts. At my house I have access to a stationary bike, a treadmill, a nice elliptical, as well as a bench press (don't need a partner), shoulder press, leg press, pull up bar, dumbells, and a few others (my dad bought an old work out set from a gym).

Anyways where do I begin? I want to eventually start bulking up but from what I have heard/read is you want to loose weight first before bulking up. I used to weigh 208 and now way 177.5 lbs so what I used to do worked. But I need to figure out a diet/exercise regimen to accomplish my goal. How many days should I do lifting vs/cardio etc??

Thanks everyone. :)

2. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

3. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

At 177 I wouldn't worry about losing weight first. Just get into a routine. That's the biggest adjustment, getting back into training on a schedule. Start with a 3 day split. For more indepth diet/training check out www.afboard.com/forum
    I would also consider using something to help you train and grow like RED Blast w/free beta alanine or even just PureCEE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.