My day with Prostreet Motorsports and the HPE Z06

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Bakushan, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Bakushan

Bakushan New Member

Donnie from Prostreet called me this morning to see if I wanted to go to Redline to film some 8th mile passes of him, alex, and the HPE Corvette (Lance).

So I get to Prostreet in rowlett, and we all cruise to caddo mills to race at redline. We pay $24 to get in, and I had JUST parked, when they say "sorry, tracks closed". Were pissed, but not as pissed was when they tell us that we would have to settle for a rain check instead of cash. Well, reid took care of that for us, and we all got our cash back. We thought about it a while, and we decided to go and run out at Yello Belly.

Yello Belly. The track that you have "heard about" if your in the DFW area. I remember stories of gunshots, killings, rapes, car jackings, bad track prep, etc.. everything you could imagine. Apparently it has "cleaned up" recently, but still is famous for being a "outlaw" track. When we got there, it was nothing like i could have imagined.

First of all, the place is FULL of people. Maybe 500+. Out of those, there is about 30 white people, which is somthing I have never seen at a race track. Its like racing in a prison, metal everywhere, covered sides the full 8th mile. Barb Wire, fires in giant steel buckets, and the scent of weed in the air. In the pit area, there were hundreds of people, almost right on top of the cars. It was crazy. In the stands, they were full to the edges with men and women clutching money in one hand, and beer in the other.

As a car would roll up, every would hold up their hands to the left, or to the right. People would then look for someone holding their hand up differently than theirs, and ask them "how much". Yes, it was betting time. And I dont mean on any scale that you have ever seen. I mean, fucking LAS VEGAS style. Right out in the open, in front of the cops and security, people were betting money, trading, calling odds, etc.. There must have been at least $5000+ exchanged on EACH race. I quickly realiuzed why SO many people were at this old 8th mile track. Somehow, it was above the law!

People raced without helmets, cages, or restraints. Little to no checks were done, and cars were skating down the track like disney on ice. Everything you could imagine was there too, turbo bikes, king of the hill cars, trucks, dailys, etc.. it was awesome!

The HPE vette decided not to run, and we ended up paying a guard to watch our vehicles.

As crazy as it was, I had a real good time, met alot of cool people, and saw some badass amazing races. So, with all the film I shot from todays experience, I make this video!!! Enjoy!

http://www.ricekiller.com/RKC_12_11_05.wmv

2. Bakushan

Bakushan New Member

Damn, not a single remark! :wtc:

3. St. Anky's

St. Anky's www.ZBoardShop.com OT Supporter

great vid!

btw, dont expect comments too quickly in this forum...only 1-2 people browsing it at a time

4. spyder2581

spyder2581 Active Member

Sweet video:bigthumb:

5. sub noize rat

sub noize rat New Member

shit, you could have gone to Cedar Creek drag strip. Only $10 to get in and you can run all night.

6. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

n2o + blowtorch = boom

7. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

You think that eh.... I certainly did when somebody first did it within 100 feet of me.

Crazy as it sounds, MANY people do it... and have lived to tell. Nuts eh?

8. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

eep .... I don't care how cold it is or how confident I am ...

Still don't like the idea of it... bottle warmer FTW