My computer won't turn on.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AJAX, Nov 8, 2008.

1. AJAX

AJAX OT Supporter

Earlier today I was browsing OT and decided I would play a little Counter-Strike: Source. So I start up steam while continuing to browse OT for a couple more minutes then launch the server that I always play on. Well the game got almost all the way in when it froze about 2 bars away(on the loading screen) from joining the game. Well I then waited a couple of minutes to see if it would work itself out but when nothing happened I Ctrl+Alt+Deleted and still nothing happened. I then tried to Alt+tab, nothing still. So now I go to press and hold the power button until the machine shuts off and this doesn't work either. I then flip the switch on the back of the computer to shut it off and this works. So I then wait about 2 min flip the switch to back on and go to turn on the machine and it won't boot. The power light does however come on, on the mobo and I tried changing the cable that opperates the power button with the reset button and still nothing. anyone have any ideas?

2. AJAX

AJAX OT Supporter

just got it to work. never mind.

3. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

you turned the computer off by flipping the power supply off? lol, that's never a good idea.

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I have one computer with no case, well just the barebones metal chasis, and the switch going to the front panel power button broke off... I turn that computer on and off by crossing the bare wire leads of the power switch because I am too lazy to solder an actual switch to it because its a piece of crap in the first place lol

5. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter

what else could he have done?

unplugging the power cable from the power supply would have done the same thing.

he said he tried to hold the power button down.

now, did he hold it down long enough? who knows...?

i want to know how the problem was solved.