My Computer Needs Help Please..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kunihongo, Sep 10, 2005.

1. kunihongo

kunihongo New Member

well my computer makes wierd noises when i turn it on and then it doesnt even turn on. I checked to see if there was somthing broken and then i saw that the plastic thing that holds the heatsink down is broken.
    looks like this
    [​IMG]
    could you tell me what its called and where to buy it like bestbuy? compusa?

2. Blue Leaves

Blue Leaves Active Member

my buddy had the same problem. he tdrilled a new hole in the heat sink and threaded fishing wire through it and secured it to the board somewhere, most likely the broken clip that u mentioned. It actually worked.

3. JaJae

JaJae New Member

you may have fried your processor. try to resecure the hsf, if you can't time for a new motherboard.

4. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

not sure what kind of mobo/cpu you are running but some new hsf's come with new plastic hold down brackets. My XP 90 came with one and so did a big Zalman cnps-7700 I had a while back.

5. kunihongo

kunihongo New Member

okay thank you guys

6. PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy You get one for the money, two for the show, three

That's a Soyo board isn't it? 'Nuff said. Never did like 'em. They're kinda like a Yugo GV+ that's riced out, but features luxury components like a DVD player, Alpine Stereo, subwoofers, speakers, GPS etc.

They feature a ton of extras but are poor performers, and are unreliable.

Take a word from the wise: If it's a budget build, fuck Soyo, and get a Chaintech. Them and Asus are the most reliable boards I've used, bar none, and they are both feature heavy, blisteringly fast, and exceptionally easy to install, especially the Chaintech's.