My computer can run better than this! What do I do to fix it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Valinir, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Valinir

Valinir Guest

Currently I'm running on a AMD Athlon Processor, 1.2 mhz, 384 mb ram with a 62mb DDR Ati Raedon 6000 video card. Using Windows 98.

When playing Battlefield 1942, it can get really choppy when only like 10 people are moving on screen, even worse when more people come up into view - the video options are even set to low also. My specs far exceed the minimum requirements, and even exceed the *recommended* requirements (save for the Video Card, which matches the recommended reqs).

So anyway, I know that this computer isn't acting up to it's full potential, and I know I have a TON of junk on my computer, and I mean A TON. And I've come here begging for help; how can I clean up my computer? How can I get it to run better? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

By the way, I am pretty computer illiterate, so if you do have an idea - try to explain how to do it to me, since I probably won't really know what you're talking about :slap:

Thanks.

CLIFF NOTES: My computer isn't running as good as it should be, how can I increase it's performance?

[P.S. Moved my post here because I didn't see this forum at first :rolleyes: ]

2. Furner

Furner New Member

well theres your problem your video card is defective
    its missing 2mb of memory which would explain the fact that even if someone did know how to fix it your would be comfused

:rofl:

3. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

1.2 mhz???
    im hoping you meant 1.2ghz, oh well.

you should uninstall unecessary programs, defrag, scandisk, then get new video drivers. that should help a little.