My Cobalt guages are finally all done!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by showstopper2, Jan 16, 2005.

1. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

2. NetChemica

NetChemica OT Supporter

more pics of the chick :wackit:

And why the fuck do you need all those guages. You're not flying a plane :ugh2::greddy:

3. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Wtf do you need a tach that big for in a Mustang GT?

4. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

I think its a Mach 1 or Bullit, not a GT. Looks good, lots of gauges, I hope they all have meaning though

5. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Dude... really went a little overboard with the gauges there. Unless you're running FI or nitrous oxide or something, I can't understand why you'd need all of them. And the tach is way, way too much for me.

6. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

my GT is Procharged and makes 431rwhp. all the gauges are there with a purpose. Boost, FP, Water temp, and Oil Pressure. nice to be able to see number values versus the dummy factory gauges. I am not the type of person to add stuff just to say I have it. I swapped to the Bullitt cluster because it lights up white better matching the blue gauges and also adds a subtle difference to my 04.

not like its some stupid ricer with AFR gauge and stereo volt gauges............all about function here!!!

7. figment

figment New Member

8. RepairMan

RepairMan Guest

go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer, go!!!

9. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Roger that :bigthumb:

10. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

11. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Okay, wasn't sure. I've seen people running gauge pillars with boost gauges that aren't even hooked up. ;)

Nice ride, BTW. Still... I think the tach is a little much. I agree about the dummy factory gauges though. I've noticed that Ford's are just about the worst when it comes to that. Still, it pisses me off that my Grand Prix Comp-G doesn't come with an oil pressure gauge. I mean, honestly... that ought to be standard equipment for ANY car.

12. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

Cool

What I hate about some of the newer autometer guages, is that there is no speedometer. WTF is up with that?

13. figment

figment New Member

sorry i missed it, it looked like you bolted to the dash w/ sheet metal

14. 351wstanggt

351wstanggt Guest

holy fuckin tach :ugh2:

15. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

whats the biggie about the tach? its your typical 5 inch Monster tach which I'm sure 3/4 of the Mustang community has in their car in one form or another.

16. 351wstanggt

351wstanggt Guest

i rarely see mustangs with 5" monster tachs, i see monster tachs on honda's etc. ..

your setup is way too busy for me, i think it could have been set up cleaner and the monster tach was a waste of money IMHO

17. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Those gauges don't match the Bullitt ones.

Should have gotten Auto Meter Lunar Gauges and the Lunar Cluster.

Also on the tach question, most Stang's dont get aftermarket tachs because they already have one!

18. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

if you trust the stock tach you must be crazy! I notice as much as 3-400 rpm difference between the two and they get the signal from the same wire. I don't like white faced gauges...everyone has them and the Lunar series Autometers belong more in a civic IMO. everyone has their own opinion though.....

19. Up2nOgOoD

Up2nOgOoD New Member

looks coo....

20. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I have an automatic, so I get to trust the stock tach. :bigthumb:

21. 351wstanggt

351wstanggt Guest

hahahai don't know why but that shit made me bust out laughing

22. d0nk3y

d0nk3y Guest

he is right thou, the factory tach cant keep up especialy when you get boosted, the stepper motors in them are just slower, and as for all the gauges if you use them then PROPS to you, i had almost that many in my diesel and people tired to make fun of me till you relized that most ALL car gauges are just a idiot light, IE oil PSI on my truck came on at 9psi, if it was less then 9 psi it would go to red, IDIOT light.

23. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

AMEN!

I like the stealthy look for my car's exterior, but each gauge is hooked up and monitoring something important to the motor. all the factory gauges are just lines with no number value so who knows what is what........not a risk I want to take with the money I have already invested and plan to continue to invest. People have told me to get the Autometer cluster but if you look at the gauges in it they are dummy pieces too with no number values. why spend 400 on a useless piece of bling when you have it factory installed for the price of the car??? I personally hate white faced gauges since the overlays can be had for any car and are in every car. thats why I opted for the standard Cobalts and not the C2's. keep with the black face theme. and another thing I wanted to point out is there is no better way to mount these gauges in my car than the way they are and still all be in direct line of vision unless you want to Cowl mount all of them......not on a street car!!

24. CrazyMoose

CrazyMoose Guest

Boost because they are supercharged
    Water Temp
    Oil Pressure
    Tach is only helping so who cares about the size
    Looks good
    Everyone has to be negative

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  25. i like it. gj