my carpets are nasty...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by zmiller91, Apr 7, 2008.

1. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

I read the sticky and the only thing it said about carpets was wolite and water. but my carpets are discusting, and look like shit. I need a heavy duty carpet cleaner, maybe a shampoo, that will make them look near perfect. also, is there any way to make the leather in the seats shrink a bit? mine have stretch marks and are really loose...

thanks in advance!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Go rent a steam cleaner at your local supermarket.

No idea on the seats. You might want to ask someone at an upholstry shop.

3. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

yeah, i dont want to spend to much (im selling it). i think ill try the wolite tommrow tho. thanks for the help.

4. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

I've been impressed at how well Meguair's APC 4:1 works. My parents floormats were so caked with dirt, sand, and salt that you couldn't tell what color they were originally. I sprayed them with some APC 4:1 let it dwell a little, hit it with a stiff carpet brush, let it dwell some more, then vacumed it out. Worked well for me.

5. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

i tried the wilite dea. it worked well for loose dirt and minor stains, however, i have bigger stains i need to get off...maybe ill just get it detailed. my reccomendation for the wolite would be to use it on plastics. works a hell of alot better than armarol, especially if you use it with a brush.