I was sitting at my desk when I heard "Hey safety guy!" So I think to myself "Oh great." The guy asked me to come take a look at an office. He said there were fireworks going off in the room. The lights were off and I saw nothing, I looked at him for the punchline to come, and then I saw what he was talking about. That light that comes from electrical sparks, the real hot white blue light was coming from above the lowered ceiling tiles. I smelled the distinct smell of burning metal. We both thought that it must be one of the contractors who have been installing our new roof for the past month. It smelled like someone was welding through the metal roof and it was dropping onto the raised ceiling tiles. I went outside to see if there was anyone ontop of the roof, but the guys were putting on their safety harnesses getting ready to go up. I came back inside thinking it was now an electrical problem. I then heard a loud pop, much like a light bulb busting. I removed one of the ceiling tiles, looked up and saw an electrical panel with a quarter size hole burned into it. I immediatly called CE and asked for some electricians to come take a look at it. The electricians arrived and were amazed at how little damage was actually done. They told me it could have burned the building down if unchecked. Pics: This is the ceiling tile, you can see the burn marks of the metal sparks, it kind of looks like straw. This is the box with the cover removed, the brown connector is the one that was grounded. Here is a closeup of the glory hole. I like to call this the "money shot" This is a shot of the entire panel. Another "money shot" The burned connector. Cliffs: Man passes buck, would rather have passed kidney stones instead.