SRS My buddy is an OC head.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jam_Master_J, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

One of my best friends is slipping farther has an ongoing addiction to Oxi-cotton. He has been to rehab multiple times (more than 5 or 6 over the years) but never stays clean...just lies more.

He has completley abandonded our circle of friends which he has been apart of since jr high school (we are 21 now). He hangs out with these scum bags that deal oxi-cotton, and snort that shit up his nose all day and who knows what else.

When I confront him about any of this bullshit which is becoming worse and worse he lies to my face like he used to lie to his dad when we would smoke pot back in high school :wtc: .

I don't know what I should do and am considering just beating the shit out of him untill his nose is so mangled he can't snort that shit up it anymore.

2. scifimom

scifimom Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fear and l

Does his family realize how bad his problem is? He needs an intervention- you could be there. You can't force him to get off the oxycontin (or anything else), he has to want to be sober. it's sad that he's so young and has gone through rehab so many times. Good luck. :hug:

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Stop calling him and tell him you don't want to be his friend anymore. He's going to continue lying to you as long as he continues lying to himself. He won't be any good as a friend until he gets clean and has been clean for a while.

Tell him after he has 6 months clean, and you can verify it with a few other sources, you are ready to be his friend again. Basically, tell him to choose the drugs or the friendship with you. You'll really be better off without an addict in active addiction in your life.

4. mission40b

mission40b crackhead deluxe

I agree with eligh, your gonna have to give him, as hard as it may be, an ultimatum. Either you or the drugs, someone in his situation is never good to have around and in turn you are not at risk by association with him. Desperate times call ofr desperate measures and dont hink that him fiending or in withdrawl would exclude you from getting robbed. Also there may be the rare occurance that once you drop him he may come to senses and realzie teh drugs are not worh it. But for your sake cut your ties. Good luck