SRS My brother pisses me off.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LSWHAT?, Sep 2, 2005.

1. LSWHAT?

LSWHAT? New Member

He's 26, lives at home, no job, blows all his money on partying. Well, tonight, he was talking to his ex-gf, who cheated on him, and they were arguing and hes on his way up there to 'talk to her' he had to get money off mom (which he does ALL THE TIME ) to go talk to her. God damnit...I just wanna smack the shit out of him and make him snap into reality.

Sorry, just had to rant.

2. LSWHAT?

LSWHAT? New Member

Sorry if you can't make any sense of that, just ask or something.

3. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

My brother is 27 and still lives 'out of home' when he is in the country. He is starting to wake up to the world and has gotten a lot better over the last year. Before then he was selfish, always drinking, sleeping when and where ever he wanted, eat all the food, take money from mum, etc

I moved out when I was 18 (moved back for a while and then back out again at 21). I couldn't understand why this guy who has a degree at university and was years older than me couldn't do the same as me.

I found the best way to get along with my family was move away from them.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I wouldn't keep yourself busy with the ego-selfcentered lifestyle of your bro. Try to a loving and helpfull person and show him how he's abusing his mom's love for him by asking money.

5. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

You know, some people just take longer than others learning how to handle life independently. Your brother is not you. Deal with it, seriously. Let he and mother fight it out if she's got a problem with his leeching. Maybe there are other issues he's dealing with that you are unaware of. Either way, not everyone is out of the house by 18, getting 4.0s in college while ripping it up, and then out, making $100+k a year by 22. If you're higher up on that scale than he is, great, but don't expect him to be like you.

People need to stop being so judgemental..it's part of the reason so many others are so miserable and insecure these days. I'll bet your brother does have issues that need resolving because I doubt he's content with his situation and uses the partying to escape to/recapture the old college days. Either offer help, or just focus more on your life instead of judging his.

Flame me if you want, but this is just my opinion.