GUN My brother is looking for an IWB holster

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aequitas, May 21, 2006.

1. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

for his Kimber. It's a custom TLE II, 5" barrel. Any suggestions?:wavey:

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

milt sparks versa max II

3. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Ctac

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

5. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

he carrys a fullsize? Jesus I bet that blows during the summer.

6. Aequitas

Well, he hasn't had the permit long enough to experience full blown summer. He might change his mind considering today we got up to around 94-96. Damn global warming. He loves the gun though.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I can hide a sig 226 under a tshirt with my alessi PCH. Does he already have a gun belt? If not its more important to have a quality gun belt than a quality holster.

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Must have a decent amount of cant, or you're a bit wider spine to sternum than I am.

If it weren't for me being an impatient SOB and having an affinity for no aftermarket pistols, I'd be down for an Alessi. As it is, FIST is fast, relatively inexpensive, and very, very comfortable.

9. Aequitas

He doesn't really have a hard time concealing it, he's a nice sized guy. And that's a no on the gun belt.

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Gunbeltgunbeltgunbelt. Everyone wants to go out and spend $100 on top end leather on their $15 belt and then it sags, its uncomfortable, it doesn't conceal, etc. I say go here and get a dual layer bullhide http://www.thebeltman.net/ If thats too much or not his style, get this http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/36 I'd have a good belt and a uncle mikes holster before a premium holster and a crappy belt any day.

Thunderbear - Yeah its probably a little of both. You can see its got its fair share of cant to it http://cyber-byte.com/photos/2262.jpg If you're in a hurry lightning arms usually has some alessi leather in stock and a guy on ebay usually has some too. I'm waiting for a shoulder rig for my P99 now and making do with the other stuff in the meantime. I also think tucker gunleather makes some really high quality leather and often isn't quite as backed up as some of the other makers.

11. Aequitas

Thanks, Soybomb

I'll run those by him and see what he thinks. He's looking for quality and reliability so I don't see why he'd be opposed to a nice belt.

12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I can agree, but being in college, I can't justify the dime for some products.. a beltman belt being one of them, especially since I would need to buy a few to match what I have in the wardrobe, black, brown, different buckles/styles. I have found that a seven dollar Wally world belt is holding up just fine to the weight of a medium frame polymer automatic. Unfortunately, a lot of its mates in the closet cannot say the same, so you are very much correct when you say that the belt is important. I have one brown belt that almost tore after one day of wear with the Steyr.

I have to say that is one of the better looking SIGs I've seen. I wouldn't feel undergunned carrying that around. Very nice.

13. Furner

Furner New Member

wilderness belt FTW. i dont even carry yet, waiting for my license to clear, and i wear the wilderness every day. VERY comfortable. Just make sure you measure your waist before ordering. dont trust the size on your existing belt or pants.

14. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Thanks, if all else fails I at least have a stout aluminum club :big grin:

I certainly understand on the college thing, I didn't even have a gun at all in college because it just wasn't possible if I want to splurge on other things like food or electricity. Man when you scrape the cash up though after and get a real belt you'll be like "wow they said it was different but I had no idea...the other is like a piece of spaghetti in comparison" ;) I must however say today I'm still cheap, its a 1.5" black belt with a silver buckle or I'm wearing a suit and suspender. Having other colors just confuses me...I wouldn't know what to wear heh.

15. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

It helps if you're not gay. One black belt does me just fine.

16. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

CTAC ftmfw.