SRS my brother is dying

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by n00b, Feb 13, 2005.

1. n00b

n00b Guest

So I found out about a month or so ago that my brother is gay, has AIDS and is dying.

I can deal with the gay thing, but i can't really find a way to deal with the aids thing. I'm 19, my brother is almost 30 and has always been like my dad because my dad's never really been around.

No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I just can't focus my attention on anything else lately. I cry all the time.
    And yes, I'm already on an antidepressant.

Help me before I shoot myself in the head.

Thanks.

2. kilgore trout

kilgore trout New Member

appreciate the days you have left with him and make sure he knows how much you care about him. let him know he's lead a good life and you're happy you were able to watch it and be apart of it.

good luck man.

3. You're grieving. It's very devastating to receive the type of news you've gotten. It's ok to take sometime for yourself and to work through these feelings. I encourage it, but at the same time it's going to take time too. I"m really sorry to hear you have to endure this now, an that your brother is dealing with such an awful illness.

4. mr2chi><0r

mr2chi><0r New Member

:werd: to what he said.

I had an uncle who passed away due to AIDS... it was a very rough time for me and my family. PM me if you would like to talk about how you feel, I will definitely listen :hug:

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I think that your brother is the one that you need to be having this conversation with. I know it might be extremely difficult to do... but if he's never been around, and now he is dying... then you need to express your dismay, to him. Cry, scream, etc. to his face. It will help both of you.

6. n00b

n00b Guest

he's always been around. i said he's been like a father to me.

and thank you for all the replies

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I encourage you to seek all the love/help/support from friends/family/asylum that you need,you are allowed to grieve and I will pray for your brother and you and advice you not to stop your emotions ,just let all your emotions go out, be with your brother as much as you can and show him all the love that you have for him as he will surely appreciate it. Quickly ask him if there's still anything needed to be arranged, or if he has wishes or things that he would still like to say,and vice versa if you still wanted to aks or tell him something then now is the time. For his sake live on with your life, ask him about it and he will certainly convince you to go on with living. This is very hard news, and I can only say that no one can prepare prepare themselves for something like this, you can only give your best genuine try to do just that. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::love::love::love::love:

much love from OT asylum.

If there's anything you wish or want to talk/pm/msn or whatever you can always contact me [email protected] .

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Ok, I'm sorry. I thought you meant never around, like your father.

9. n00b

n00b Guest

i no longer plan on shooting myself in the head.
    thank you all

10. Hopefully you won't shoot yourself anywhere else either. If you need us, we're here. We'll work with you in whatever way we can if you need further support.