SRS My brother is addicted to heroin

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Roy G. Biv, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Roy G. Biv

Roy G. Biv Just let the lovin' take ahold

Anybody have any success stories? I know if he keeps it up it'll kill him and I want to get him help if he will accept it. Any good detox/rehab facilities? Location & price are not a factor.

2. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

SUBOXONE saved my life!!!! See my oxycontin story on this page. I had never heard of the drug before I heard Artie Lange talk about getting over heroin on Stern.

Some places that give Suboxone want you to stay, which is a good idea. They need to get the dose right, and be able to aid him in detoxing. You are not supposed to have anything in your system while on Suboxone or else you get really sick.

3. Metal

Metal Active Member

Given any thought to the Methadone treatment program?? It saved my life when it came to various drugs however I never used heroin but have heard of many many heroin addicts using Methadone to kick the Heroin! Good Luck to your Friend! The least you could do for him is to bring him to a Detox in your area - Check the local phonebook for Addiction Referral Centers or even start calling the local Hospitals -- worst case is he checks into an Emergency Room to get his chemical levels inside of his brain back to normal and maybe they will have a Doctor at the local hospital that can start him on a Methadone matienance program, you never know until you ask - Sorry I just have no idea what is available in Utah so that is my best advice to you.

4. Roy G. Biv

Roy G. Biv Just let the lovin' take ahold

Sorry should have mentioned he has taken suboxone before and he currently has some suboxone but he is choosing to take heroin instead. He has also tried methadone treatment. He has been to rehab a couple years ago and he relapsed less than a year out of rehab. Right now he says he doesn't need to go back to rehab. Anybody have any info firsthand experience about interventions?

5. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

I attemped to intervention on a friend of mine who is addicted to crack/alcohol. He doesn't believe that he has a problem so he refuses treatment.

6. emilyk23

emilyk23 New Member

you can't get someone to quit. they have to want to quit and it doesn't sound to me like he's ready if he's already been through a few programs.

7. Lmbaj

Lmbaj New Member

I'm a recovering Herion addict. Been clean for just over 9 years. Back then they did not have all these fancy ways to quit except Methadone which I was never on regulary but did find another addict who was and was still using so I bought his methadone to help me quit before I went into my last detox.....BIG MISTAKE........the withdrawl from the Methadone was worse then the Heroin and I was only taking it for a short time. I can imagine what its like to be on it for a while.

My sucess story is simple. I wanted to quit. I was 22 years old and I was going to end up in Jail or Dead. I already had 2 overdoes and I was tired of waking up every morning wondering if I was going to make it through the day without getting dope sick. After 4 detox's and 2 rehabs I finally was able to quit and went into a half way in AZ and started to go to NA meetings out here. I'm still clean and I still go to meetings and I work the steps to the best of my ability. If he does not want to get clean then there is nothing you can do except practice tough love and try an intervention but it seems he's been down that road already, it never hurts to try again but even if he does go and does it for all of you instead of himself most likely he will use again. The sucess rate for Herion addiction is among the worst within the first year. I can tell you there a only a handful that I still see around today that are clean when I got clean. I'm gald I made it into that 1% that make it or whatever it was back then. My life today is better than most normal people who are not addicts. I have everything I ever wanted in life and more. Good luck !!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  8. growbigorgohome

growbigorgohome New Member

rehab can be no good sometimes a friend of mine went to rehab he got more high there then he did on the streets better is to lock him in a closet (Seriously) and leave him there feed him ofcourse but make sure he cant knock the door down do some serious shit if you really want him to stop rehab might not help but there are rehabs that people cant get high in