My Brolly Homies Please Help!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jdiggity, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdiggity

jdiggity New Member

Here's the deal, sometime about 13 years ago I destroyed my left shoulder. After some surgeries, rehab, lots of morphine and PT... I've recently been cleared to start exercising and doing some strength training.

The problem is I have significant atrophy. Note my left shoulder.

I have not done any strength training besides some stupid rubber-bands I got from the PT in a very long time.

As it is now I really need to put some mass on my left side while not blowing up the right and furthering the asymmetrical look.

Any tips/exercises for gaining balance and getting some meat on my shoulder.

CLIFFS: catastrophic problem leads to atrophied shoulder/pecks, need help getting stronger and balanced.

Thanks guys, I'm fully committed to getting myself better. :sadwavey:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. gtpjim

gtpjim New Member

Pharmaceuticals

3. jdiggity

jdiggity New Member

:rofl: norcos, and morphine don't build muscle, just fat tolerances.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

synthol

5. jdiggity

jdiggity New Member

if i were anymore white i'd be see through.

6. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

well what answer do you expect?
    I would just work that side out (exclusively or near exclusively) until it caught up.
    also squats, milk, deadlifts, etc.

7. jdiggity

jdiggity New Member

I really don't know, that's why i'm asking. how do i bench press with one arm? and if I do bench, my right will be doing most of the work...

so would it make more sense to use free weights and make sure i'm using the same weight for each arm?

brb time for the morphine.

8. Mippity

Mippity New Member

Use free weights. Use machines that have independent moveable arms. Learn to balance yourself and do 1 armed dips, etc.

9. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

kick the dope nigga
    no pain no gain
    ...13 years ago?

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you could work out normally. Try Bodybuilder routine or Bill Starr 5x5, those are the favorites for us noobs around here it seems.

Anyway, use the same weight for both sides. If something is heavy for your left it will probably feel much lighter on your right side... that's why your left side will be blowing up and your right probably won't change much until the left evens out.

11. jones21

jones21 Uranium Member

nice veins casper

12. TZ

TZ Banned

i'd say , do dumbell pressing with your left side exclusively at first. Once your left side is within 5-10 lbs of your right side on dumbell bench, dumbell overhead press, etc. then start donig barbell bench, and working out both sides equally.

You could also start with a chest press machine , and only do the Left handle or whatever to get started. I think you'd wanna catch that left side up mostly, before you start doing any barbell work. It shoudln't take you more than a couple months, because you aren't very muscular on the right side anyways (no offense). good luck dude, and let us know if you fix it..

what exactly happened, btw?

13. jdiggity

jdiggity New Member

thanks man i'll try some of these ideas. soon i will be muscular! :o

anyway i destabilized my shoulder in a car accident when i was 16, torn labrum, torn rotator, and broken collar bone. I opted not to have the surgery. i re-injured it several more times, damaging bone.

fast forward to last year I was 28, i finally decided to get the surgery cause i was in chronic pain, I never used my left arm (i'm left handed), and i'm constantly dislocating and doing more damage.

soft tissue was repaired, bone graft was done to fix the other damage to the ball of my humorous. the rehab began, pt every week a year for nearly a year before i got my mobility back, and the little muscle you see.

i still have chronic pain, but at least i can put my hand over my head now. :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.