My BRILLIANT Asm Instructor...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CyberBullets, Oct 1, 2003.

1. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

So our book uses MASM right? well he wants us to use Arrow compiler. different syntax!!!! its fucking annoying!! And that he's not showing us any arrow syntax makes it that much harder!!!

and oh, he isnt usuing the textbook, he's teaching off the top of his head. he told us that too. :wtc:

the whole class is ready to boycotte this class cause of this. its retarded. no one is understanding anything!

anyone else have/had an instructor like this?

i fell like im learning C# with a Java book... :wtc:

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Dude, that REALLY sucks and especially for an Assembler class!

I would ask what is Arrow doing that is so special MASM can't do? Our prof for Assembler was pretty cool. As long as we turned in correct source code and a working assembled program, he was happy. We had folks using MASM and Borland's ASM (BASM?). Kind of taught from his head as well, but he followed the book very closely and straight out skipped x86 instructions he felt was silly and didn't apply to producing productive Assembler programs. I've got my Assembler class notes if you want them or if they would help any. There's notes in there for using MASM as well.

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

i e-mailed him with a collection of other students telling him our position. we are extreamly unhappy. he is a great guy, poor instructor.

i just think we should follow the text. thats why they changed it wasnt it? the textbook makes asm look easy. it explains everything out, but when u wanna test what u learned u cant cause of arrow.

oh well, hopefully things will be straightened out soon enough :x: