"My boyfriend is the same way"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LowkeyG, Jun 19, 2006.

1. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

Through time I have come to understand that the nonchalant mention by a girl that she has a boyfriend can mean different things...

In my eyes it is an admission that there is some form of sexual tension between the two in the discussion, and that she either is using this to purposely get the guy off of her, or as a defensive mechanism when she feels attraction and then feels that she has done the right thing....

I'm not sure if either is accurate or not, but I think both are possible under certain circumstances

Today I met a girl in a very non-threatening environment, and with nothing more than a couple of smiles exchanged and a couple of words, I already get boyfriend mention.

Now I'm not a bad looking guy, nor did I take any type of action that could be perceived as very agressive.... so I'm confused as to the motivation to make the drop so soon, when it hardly even fit in the conversation

Or am I reading too much into all of this

2. :smile:

:smile: New Member

definetly reading too much into it but the views you have taken can all be correct

3. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

while the points you made can be true, maybe she was just stating it before either one of you got any ideas.

looks like you might be reading too much into it though, she's just being a good girl...or was totally oblivious to it and making conversation

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

As others have said, she's probably just letting you know in a safe, non0hurtful way that she has a bf.

5. J

J Active Member

something similar happened to me recently while i was working. i was ringing up a girl who kept smiling at me while in line. we started talking about her taste in clothes and what not, then suddenly she mentions that her boyfriend couldn't believe forever 21 has a men's line.

she was cute though, and looked like my type :hs:

6. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

The part that needs emphasis here is that we were introduced in an environment where we were next to each other but couldn't talk a lot because we were in the middle of a presentation

We had very little opportunity to talk, and this was probably the third area of conversation we covered, and it was all very short under-your-breath type talk

I stress again, I did not pressure her in any way I can possibly think of, we simply had not even talked long enough, and the instance we were introduced in implied that we would not exactly be seeing each other again without effort on our part.

How could enough sexual tension develop so quickly to warrant that

7. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

A boyfriend mention cannot be overlooked... especially when the said mention does not fit in the normal course of conversation. All too often I feel like at least half the time they say they have a boyfriend they really don't.

8. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

I actually saw her boyfriend sometime later :o

9. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

In that case (and really in any case) the purpose of saying it is to indicate they see incoming interest from you and will not be returning any, so forget it.

A girl who has a boyfriend that she is ready to dump will pretend he doesn't exist if she likes you.

The reverse can also be held true... a girl who explicitly mentions not having a boyfriend, or having broke up with hers, is likely indicating interest. I got one of those the other night ;)

10. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Lots of single girls mention 'boyfriends' too. Typically when I was sarging and I heard this I would respond something like:

1. "I just met you and you are already telling me about your problems?"
    2. "I'm not interested in him"
    3. Ignore it and continue sarging as if she had never said it

You need to calibrate. If she is OBVIOUSLY not interested, then move on. Even chicks with boyfriends love to be flirted with.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

yup...its a self esteem boost.

Hell I think its hilarious when people flirt with my wife. Just the other night some guy tried to pick her up while I was sitting right next to her. I could tell she enjoyed the attention, but it was really funny when she ended up making a fool of him in front of the entire bar. Thats another story though...

I like it when a chick hits on me to. I just let them know im married so I avoid a possible situation that could end in bad results.

I dont think there are many human beings that dont like the attention that comes from flirting. Its no big deal :dunno: unless it becomes more than flirting.

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:werd:
    I've heard boyfriend lines left and right as well.

Guess what? At least half the time it's BS. Same for rings on the finger. I had one girl tell me she was married and flashed a ring. I grabbed her hand and looked closer. Not only was it a cheap POS ring, but there was only one (1=engaged, 2=married). I called her on it, said she was a liar, and I'm not that stupid. Action commenced in about 15 minutes.

Sometimes excuses are tests that you need to blow through. I'm not advocating you cheat with a woman - in fact I have a strict policy against it - but I will find out if it's an excuse in very short order.

Even if she has a boyfriend, I would say something like "What, you're so afraid you're going to jump over the counter and attack me that you have to tell me that? Please! You can just walk around, jumping is not required. ;) "

Always step it up. Respond with twice the intensity and flirting.

13. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

I've got to disagree, there are definitely other motivations sometime.

Firstly, I have had women in other positions mention thier boyfriends (always far later in terms of moving on her however,) who have responded quite well after saying this. Hell I have even had one say how she intended to marry her boyfriend shortly before basically soliciting ME for sex.

Secondly, there is absolutely no chance she was seeing incoming interest on any significant level, it simply was not possible in such a small amount of words. I think the most probable thing is that many taken girls feel a sense of duty to ward off other men by announcing it, but once they have done this they feel like their work is done, and anything else that happens isn't their fault.

I have been with women in the past who have never mentioned their boyfriends who I have gotten with, and women who have dropped the "my boyfriend" line early on who I have also gotten with.... Just never this early.
    I think this is more of a measure of indicating a sense of how their relationship is going and the woman's sense of guilt. A shameless girl would simply not mention it, and one who is feeling guilty would use this boyfriend line as a way of making herself feel better by thinking that she has done her duty.

14. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well, you have a point there, but those are examples of mental issues or game-playing, so unless you are just looking to hit it and quit it I would steer clear anyway.

15. Blackthorn

Blackthorn New Member

QFT.

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: So every time I mention something about my husband to someone I am subconciously telling them I'm not interested? :rofl:

17. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Someone told me today that if "my husband may not like it" although we were just joking. It comes across as a hint. Being that I don't take hints very well I'd say it was pretty strong.

18. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

19. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

No one said every time.

20. MagicGAT

MagicGAT New Member

I wouldn't get down on yourself just becuase you cant get a girl to go out with you becuase she has a bf :hs: , its probobly nothing personal. Maybe she just wants to be with her bf and not somebody else :dunno:

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rolleyes: It was a joke.

22. Zander

Zander New Member

:werd: If you are in a very serious relationship, it makes sense that you would talk about him/her. The same applies to all areas of life. If you are very family-oriented, then you would probably mention your family. If you are very into your work, then you would probably mention your job. That being said, I hate being flirted with and have worn a fake wedding ring. :o

23. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

i don't see how that isn't the same thing he just said

24. Ratstink

Ratstink Ink & Iron

that's funny - I just had a situation of the opposite. I mentioned I was married. I do this from time to time.
    Sometimes I find myself in a situation were there is a girl and I would like to talk to her, I don't want to seem like I'm coming onto her, I just want to say what's up (usually for a reason, like trying to get to know people at a new job). It's not like I blurt it out - Hi I'm new and married! but when I get a chance I mention it. It's my way of beating them to the boyfriend punch.

25. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

nice, any facial expressions or reactions?