My BJJ log

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by $lacker, Mar 3, 2010.

1. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

Figured I'd start my own - hopefully I'll remember to update it once in a while

I've only done about 25-30 hours of class, and I'm doing 1 hour of class and a half hour of rolling per night, 2 nights per week. Gi only. It's all that is available in my town

I usually end up rolling with a guy that has 20lbs of muscle on me and is approximately the same height, and I usually pull guard to get things started

When I land subs, it's usually either a cross collar choke or an Ezequiel choke, as I find them to be very versatile

2. $lacker

Oh, and I think the place that I suck the most is when I'm stuck in someone else's closed guard

(Relative) Strengths are my subs from guard and sweeps from half-guard

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Quick advice that goes a long way. Don't always settle for guard when you're rolling with guys in class.

4. $lacker

Thanks
    I only tend to settle for guard when rolling with guys that are significantly stronger than me, which is a specific strong dude more than 50% of the time

Last night in class, I almost sunk a couple chokes from bottom, and was able to defend quite well after getting my guard passed. Managed to turn every one of his arm bar attempts (from mount or his guard) into a sweep or pass to side control
    Lost to a near side americana from side control

5. $lacker

Ug
    Tried to roll with a fat dude (250lbs maybe) and got smothered. Never got subbed, but couldn't get him off me.
    Never felt anything at the time, but once I cooled down I feel that I must've pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying to get to my side in halfguard
    Note to self... you cannot bench press 250lbs

6. $lacker

Rolled with another fat dude - made sure not to pull guard and was able to take his back and control him easily
    Also did relatively well sitting back into a scissor sweep on a guy my size
    Spent basically the whole session on people's backs, but had some trouble locking in subs due to people grabbing the sleeves of my gi... ended up finishing eventually, but had to wait for their grips to tire a bit