A&P My best pic yet, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Big Tal, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Big Tal

Big Tal Guest

I'm just getting into the digi photo world, but it is something I really want to pursue... Took me 35 shots to get this pic just right, I really like it.... only down side, I had to take 35 shots when it was -15 degrees out.

[​IMG]

2. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

Compositionally everything looks meh, direct center of photo doesnt do it for me, rule of thirds ... But the green tint is typical of flourescent lighting... IMO

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

tho the flare on the lamps is a good touch, i like that , but in a totally different comp.

4. Big Tal

Big Tal Guest

yeah, ive got a few using the rule of thirds, but this one really stood out to me. like I said I'm just getting into it and trying new approaches

great av, BTW

5. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

Thanks, fav movie

The green tint is what I am talking about. Usually caused indoors, by fluorescent lighting , it can be corrected with filters... What camera did you use?

6. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

i like it, its moody...

a little more daring composition would've saved it IMO

7. Big Tal

Big Tal Guest

its funny you say that, I was listening to :emo: when I was taking the pics :hs:

8. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

Everyone who has responded so far seems to be bothered that it is centered. I disagree. I think it's ok for it to be centered because it has such great symmetry. In a way, it does follow the rule of thirds - the vertical lines would go right down the windows,and the horizontal ones right at the top and bottom of the stairs. Sure, it's not 'traditional' rule of thirds, but rules were made to be broken as long as you break them with purpose.

I also like the tone of the picture - especially the snow, which looks almost like small waves.

What I would have done to improve this picture is to tilt down a little - I would have the top be cut off at the top of the door (about 1/2"-3/4" lower than where it is now) and had more snow. That way, you get the same symmetry side-to-side, but shift the focus a little from the center by moving it up, and have more of the snow that I think looks fantastic.

9. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

i like it. excpet for the foreground. :thumbup:

10. KotaQuad

KotaQuad Guest

I think the foreground makes the picture. It sets the mood.

11. Big Tal

Big Tal Guest

Thanks for all the feedback guys!