SRS my best friend stopped talking to me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hypno toad, May 17, 2007.

1. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

so my best friend is stopped talking to me because i smoked pot. I haven't changed my attitude. i am the same out person i used to be he is being a total dick and stopped talking to me. what should i do other that quiting smoking*? (*slowingly stopping) he is ( well used to) by my best friend .

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  2. mustangkid18

mustangkid18 New Member

Honestly if someone stops being my friend because I smoke then I don't really want to even be around them. Just because I smoke weed doesn't mean I'm some sort of criminal.

3. awdboost

awdboost New Member

Your friend probably is hurting as you are, but they realize what harm you are doing to yourself and won't be part of it. Your friend is basically giving you an ultimatnum, give up your friendship or give up smoking.

I think your friend should really try and help you kick the habit. If they are a true friend they would try to help you quit, if you chose not to stop then you are the one who doesn't care about your friendship nor your yourself.

You should really stop smoking weed its a precursor to other drugs. Stop now!!

4. weolracso

weolracso OT Supporter

I'm just curious... but how old are you and your friends?

5. Actually it does because weed is illegal.

I don't want to be around people that smoke weed either. I especially don't want to be around people that have weed on them. My best friend was going to lunch with some of his band members and they had like $200 worth of weed on them and he got arrested simply because he was in the same car. The kid has a straight edge tattoo and never has picked up a drink or anything in his life.

Now I'm not saying that your case is the same as mine, I'm just pointing out a reason why he might be upset.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

have you really not changed any? i bet you have.....

7. imraven52

imraven52 New Member

it's quite simple. you have 2 choices (assume that people don't change). 1) cointinue to smoke pot and lose a friends or 2) stop smoking pot and keep a friend. also remember that friends come and go (even the best ones). i prefer to keep the ones that also smoke pot/drink :)

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

From your friends point of view you are a druggie (you may not feel that way and relativate your own position) but its only normal that he doesn't want to be involved in that dirty habit or with people who use it, even if they are friends.

I should know because i was on the other end, i stopped being friends with my friends because they started using pot, a while later they started using shrooms and one tried to kill himself.

Therefore ,Honestly don't be amazed if your friend becomes pre-judged, this because smoking pot is a gateway to hard drugs, and an end to friendships.

I know this example of a guy drug user, who always had friends coming to his place and together they used drugs. Then one day he decided that he wanted to quit using drugs, when he said that to his friends, they all stood up and wanted to leave, he was like 'hey why are you guys leaving?' they said, there's nothing left here for us to use, and they left. Or in other words the drugs was more important to them then the friendship.

So its indeed a choice of quitting all together,and choose for friendship, or the downhill road that's called drugs. You might want to hit the road to recovery forum to get some help on kicking the habit.

9. awdboost

awdboost New Member

Im not sure if you were joking or not, but if you were being serious thats the most ignorant post I have ever read. How are you trying to encourage someone to smoke pot and only keep the ones that also smoke??:nono: :nono: Smoking is a terrible habit to pick up, and I think more mature people can realize that.

10. mustangkid18

mustangkid18 New Member

It's a criminal activity during this day and age however, I am not going out and robbing liquor stores or stealing old ladies purses. I wonder if your friends situation would have been as bad if someone in the band just admitted it was theirs.

11. My cat stopped talking to me, now what do I do? :rofl:

Beast

12. Saturn Sun

Saturn Sun New Member

:werd:

13. Saturn Sun

Saturn Sun New Member

from personal experiance, its hard to watch someone do that to themselves.

14. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Actually, you are breaking the law, so in a way, yes, you are a criminal. If you ever sell any of it at all, you are breaking the law to an even greater level. In addition to that, if a friend is around you they can be busted for it as well even if they are not partaking. So if they choose to not be around you because of your illegal habit, then that's their call and you shouldn't judge them. You're the one doing something illegal.

There could be other things as well. In my life I had a friend who was big into drugs and even played a role in getting me into the scene when I was younger. Luckily after 6 months I wisened up and removed myself from that scene. Smoking weed doesn't make you a bad person but I can tell you that nearly everyone I was around that was into it was a bad person, a lowlife. So therefore in my experience I've learned that heavy pot smokers tend to frequent people and scenes that I want NO PART OF.

This same friend and I stopped talking when I was 17. Every great once in awhile he calls and wants to hang out and usually I go do it, but the more and more I did this over time the more and more I realized how lucky I was to get away. He got weirder and weirder and hung around shadier and shadier crowds, because let's face it, the drug trade, even marijuana is an illegal trade and the people involved in it get more and more fucking nutty the higher up you go. It got to the point to were I had a good job and a good life and the last time I hung out with him he had 4 kids at age 26, was living in a trailor with the wife and children (6 people), could barely afford it, yet still blew money on drugs. He also was talking about weed and more from the second I picked him up, and even went into a story where he was picking up some weed and one guy didn't know him so he threatened to hit him with a hatchet. That was the last time I talked to him. I do not want to associate myself with that scene or people like it. Almost everyone I knew from the days I smoked (11 years ago) are making under 25k a year and their ages now are between 26-35. Their lives are a mess and they live in shit holes. Some are in jail, almsot all have criminal records.

So if the OP's friend wants to distance himself and hang out with a new crowd, I do not have sympathy for you. Sorry.

15. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

This is called rationalization and justification. It doesn't change the facts, you're just trying to make yourself feel better about it.

16. johan

johan Active Member

Pot's not that great for you, but it's your life, and I won't preach about pot.

I'd guess that you're not actually the same person you think yourself to be.

I'm reminded when someone is flat drunk, and they remember the party as them being "really lively, and REALLY REALLY FUNNY, and everybody thought I was so friendly and so funny, etc etc"

While everyone else's perception is that they were just being a drunk ass, not funny, not lively and mostly annoying.

The point being that self-perception is often skewed when you're under the influence. And when you're in denial.
    I think you're under both, right now.

17. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

i see it was a test of friendship. if will not be my through this what is to say he is going to be for me through something worse. I don't i carry any weed on me my other friend just smokes my out.

18. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

not really. i know ppl who only had and only will smoke weed.

19. imraven52

imraven52 New Member

that's not ignorant in the least. i'm not advocating what i'd do as the right choice. that's just what i'd do. there are however really only 2 choices. stop or don't stop and deal w/ the consequences accordingly.

20. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:werd: Something about you must have changed. Best friends don't leave without good reason...

21. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

you true in a sense (drinking). smoking is wrong and all that other crap by in sense i see the world normally when i'm high.i use if for spirital and interlectual purposes and i am going to stop soon. but like i said earlier it some what is a test of friendship.

22. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You know, I like beer. I drink beer a lot. When I go out I like to drink beer, when I BBQ I like to drink beer, and when I watch a sporting even I like to drink beer. However when I talk to people around me in my life, I don't walk around going, "Man I drank SO much beer last night man... I was wasted!" nor do I say, "Man I got so fucked up on some good beer man!" or "Hey everyone, I'm gonna go drink it up, care to down some with me?" or "Man jumpin off that cliff gives me a rush like when I'm drunk!"

Maybe you do this skind of stuff. In my experience I never met a pothead who could go a conversation without bringing up pot or being high in some shape or form. Even their online names are usually tied to 420 or weed or some relation. It's like pot is the coolest thing in their lives. Do you ever do or say things like this? Maybe your non smoker friend gets tired of that. I know I did.

23. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

i didn't bring it up like that. i wanted to want what was going on.

24. Hypno toad

Hypno toad Guest

btw can we focus on the point. my best friend stopped talking to me. this isn't about weed or the fact i use and i don't care about your opinion on drugs. my best friend has isolated me.

25. johan

johan Active Member

Why don't you ask him then.