SRS my best friend has issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by disc, Feb 27, 2007.

1. disc

disc New Member

on friday he got very very VERY drunk and did some really bad stuff which made everyone hate him. No one would talk to him except me, and he told me I am the only one that understands him and has stood by him and has never annoyed him throughout the past 2 and a half years. He was in a really bad way all weekend and I stayed up til the ear;y hours of the morning listening to him and giving hm advice and telling him how it would all sort itself out. He did thank me for everything and told me how much everything i did meant to him. I know he has some real confidence and insecurity issues which he told me all about. I am the only one he tells everything about his life to, and I know things that would really upset his friends. But anyway, we went back to school on monday and for the first time in ages he was spending his break times with me, but then as soon as his other friends said they forgave him, he went off with them at lunch.

I know he doesn't do it to be rude or hurtful, but it does suck when you put that much effort into trying to put them back on their feet, and then as soon as the people that rejected him change their mind he goes back to them, and then their is best friends. I am always #3 with him........i know he appreicates what i do for him but argh i wish he would just show it in his ACTIONS more

2. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

so tell him how you feel

3. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

Then he isn't your friend, frankly. You can confide in a friend, not an aquaintance. He seems to be a friend, but does not act like it. Therefore, you choose the role with the less involvement: an aquaintance. If he doesn't value your company, then why should you care about him?

4. jonflorida

jonflorida New Member

You should ask him where you stand when it comes to the friendship. Let him know that he didnt act like a good friend and that he just used you in his moment of need. You also ask him, if any of those other people would have spend the entire night doing the same thing you did.

5. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

On Topic --> Asylum

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

He might feel that he has already bothered you enough, and wants to put that stuff behind him. Right now, you probably hold quite a bit of power over him, simply because at any time you could reveal all the things he has said to you and ruin his social life, so he doesn't wanna bitch and moan to you anymore. He wants to feel like he's on his own two feet, especially if he's insecure like you said.

I'm pretty insecure/distrustful as well, and honestly if I opened up like that to another guy, I would really wanna distance myself from him for a while because I would feel powerless in the relationship. I would try to form other relationships so that I wouldn't have to feel like I rely on him.