My best friend from HS is giving me a lot of shit

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Feb 14, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm a junior in college and my new gf's a senior in hs. She's 18. I'm 20. :rolleyes:

He's all mad about it and shit too.
    :rl:

:spank:

:rant:

:nuts:

This is my new Facebook profile.

Of course I put real information there instead. I would love to talk gently and delicately about this matter with anyone who might wish to bring it up in person.

2. J-Diablo

J-Diablo New Member

So, he's giving you shit for dating a legal girl that is 2 years your junior? I fail to see the problem. Is he just jealous that he isn't dating her and you are?

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

What the hell is the problem with 20 and 18?

Your friend is obviously jealous. The only way he has a right to be mad is if you blow him off now and only spend your time on her.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

why are you parading this to the world? seems very immature for it to be up for discussion so candidly and publically. im sure you two make a great pair.

5. JohnJohnJohnson

It's probably more what Socrates said. I thought my friend was serious about the HS thing at first, but after a long discussion he said he just had a "feeling" about college guys dating HS girls.

That sounds like bs, so it's probably something along the lines of jealousy.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

so that i can defend myself against the world, and so that the world will know that i am willing to defend myself.

why did you think i paraded it?
    really? i was thinking the exact opposite. most people are fucking babies about dealing with things. me, I just throw them out there and laugh as the weak people fall to the sides. seriously though, open and frank confrontation saves so much time and trouble. most people don't realize that because most people are uncomfortable standing against a crowd.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

that my detractors may face me instead of scurrying around in the dark. you have no idea how good i am at intimidating people who hurt me. not the way most people would go about it, but that's the joyous irreverence of being me.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

youre making a big deal out of a non issue. you dont need to defend yourself. in the end, the only person you have to please is yourself. sounds more like you are trying to justify it to yourself then anything else.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

if it sounds that way then people aren't hearing very well. not my problem.

what is my problem is people thinking they can mess around when attacking me. they need to understand that i will deal with them, politely at first, scarily if they keep pushing it. "People's eyebrows go up when i tell them JJJ's dating a high schooler," I was informed by my friend. "And they stay up."

Asking this girl out may be the best thing that I've ever done. You have no idea how much I pray that "people" contact me.

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

:ugh:

yeh, cause the burden of effectiveness of communication falls entirely on the reciever. and why is your 'friend' going around telling others of your business??? its hardly her place to do so.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

it's a he. :rofl:

My business is open for anyone to know. I don't really feel shame or a need for privacy. In most cases it doesn't matter. The opinions of the public at large are so self-serving they don't carry weight. But this is something I would very much enjoy settling with anyone who has words.

12. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Tempest in a teapot if you ask me

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

regardless, its not their place to do so.

its not about shame. have you no manners or tact?

14. pakman

pakman New Member

Wow, obviously you haven't matured any since HS. If people give you a weird look for dating a HSer, who gives a fuck? As long as you and the girl are happy, nothing else fucking matters. Yeah, scaring them is so fucking mature :ugh:. Grow up.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

when i'm meeting somebody's parents, when i'm working at a job, yes, but in real life, honesty > feelings. if it's true, it needs to be dealt with anyway.

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

of course. but you dont make an annoucement to the world over facebook challenging people. :ugh:

confront your friend who is talking about you behind your back, and set him straight. then, deal with other situations in person, at that time (or whenever approriate) as they come up.

17. JohnJohnJohnson

The approach to take with a weird look is to ask the weird looker if you can by any chance help them. I understand that many people let just about everything slide. They wait until there is very hard and clear evidence that they have been extremely wronged, at which point they may release all the pent up anger they have acquired over time by being stepped on in little ways.

People are hypocrites. They will ignore a condescending look from someone if they are intimidated, or if they are trying not to notice. Will they ignore a verbal attack? What about a shove? A physical attack? An attack of any kind on someone they love?

If you give me a funny look then I will walk over there and have a talk with you. This allows everyone to express their feelings. (If I don't have the time then I will make a quick joke. In this example, I would address my GF as "jailbait" in a creepy tone of voice.) Nothing pisses me off more than somebody getting away with a social slight because everyone else was too cowed or too reserved ("lordy lordy you can't go upsetting conventions") to respond. I will defend myself, and I will defend my friends when they won't defend themselves, to the embarrassment and detriment of their detractors. And in HS I was milder mannered.

18. JohnJohnJohnson

the facebook thing is also my sense of humor. and i didn't mention a challenge, i suggested they discuss things with me. if they knew it was explicitly a challenge they would not contact me.

i have of course confronted my friend about his views. after a long discussion about why he deemed the HS fact to be improper, he concluded that he had a "feeling." i told him if i ever indicted him for something because I just had a "feeling" that he could go ahead and punch me in the face. later on i apologized for being aggressive and tried to reason with him again, at which point he suddenly didn't want to talk anymore about the subject.

I also chose not to respond to any of his barbs, in case you think I'm hot-headed and wouldn't know how to diffuse an upset can of coke. I'm actually quite cold-blooded. I am the way I am with thoughtful intention. So when he told me he would punch my gf in the throat if he ever had to meet her, I simply ignored it, because figuring out why he poo-poo'ed on her highschoolness was the goal of the conversation.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

lol

yeah, i doubt anyone's even going to see it. i should hang a sign outside my dorm or something.

20. pakman

pakman New Member

Was that lengthy reply necessary? A shove in one thing, but a look? Two completely different scenarios. If some motherfucker gave me a "look," I honestly could give a rats ass. If he pushed me for no apparent reason, actions will be taken. Go ahead, confront everyone that looks at you or your girlfriend the wrong way. You think you're tough? Doesn't mean shit against someone who's crazy and ain't got nothin' to lose.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

I don't know anyone like that. Everyone has something to lose. Usually just a little self-satisfaction or pretense. More in some cases. People put their necks way out there when they make unfounded criticism, spoken or not. The trick is, you can't appear to care too much. If someone attempts condescension and you blow up, you lose the conflict by looking irrational. If someone attempts condescension and you do something funny that counters their attempt, you win. I've had great moments and terrible moments.

Some fat girl on an elevator took a short tone with me because I didn't get out of the way fast enough. Smiling and speaking as if to a child, I said, "Don't be a bitch," the way someone might say, "Don't be silly, darling," or "You're such a cutey!" Her big cheeks paled and she waddled out of the elevator in a rage. If I had done it badly, it would have looked like I was overemotional; since I was so calm about the whole thing, my little foe took a dive. It was so satisfying and so funny that I was glowing for an hour.

What do you mean?

22. pakman

pakman New Member

There's no argument here, obviously you enjoy what you're doing. I'm just saying, confrontation with every little thing that catches your eye, whether verbal or non-verbal, can lead to trouble. Trust me, there are people out there with nothing to lose.

I meant you could've shortened down your reply.

23. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

nobody cares what you do, however being a blatant loser ie. using myspace in the first place, no matter what you say, you go out w/ a girl still in hs while your a junior(even if its 2 years) it screams pathetic.

bottom line is, you would go out with a girl your age IF you could get her, dont even try and say something retarded like she is your soul mate, you are in college. that being said if you cant get laid by college girls while in college, you suck. plain and simple. stop trying to make yourself sound cool because you got yer 1st gf and your friend cant get shit. there would be no issue at all if you didnt make it your primary focus. shit is nothng to be proud of anyway. as for shame, since you obviously have no self restraint, you might want to consider NOT announcing to the world how over emotional you are, if not for yourself, for the sake of your manhood. sad, sad thread

24. JohnJohnJohnson

thanks

25. JohnJohnJohnson

MySpace?
    I liked her to begin with, and then she told me her age.

"Whoops," I shouted piously. "I don't like you anymore, because you said that number! The rules of human interaction have prevented us from having anything at this point in time."

What a fuckwit I would be if that had actually come out of my sanctimonious mouth. Fortunately, I judge by personality, not by status.
    I like her more than I've liked other girls. Your taboos and dogmas are the products of a weak mind.
    Everything is planned. Everything. You also haven't read very closely in this thread before launching your spew. What was it I said that got your panties in a twist? Was it the fat girl thing? This is not my first gf, and my friend has no trouble getting girls.

MY sister is 17. She is more mature than most people. This includes adults. This includes me. This definitely includes you.