my beginner's mistake

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NCS, Apr 13, 2008.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

i've been at this for a while but i often repeat a beginner's mistake and it blows up in my face when it happens. I'll go for the number and realize i dont remember the girl's name. I'm so pumped, having such a great time, and i forget details.

Sometimes i can pull off some bs like 'how do you spell it' but every so often a girl calls me out on it "ok, there's my number, now what was my name?"

any of you have a smartass line in this case? or some awesome way of remembering peoples names?

2. fray

fray New Member

no good advice on lines, but maybe you could just have her put it all in your phone?

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Say her name after she tells you it and try to use it a few times during the convo to help you remember. If you can't remember it then just be honest and say that you forgot. Make a joke about having a shitty memory or having too much to drink if you need to but it's better to just be honest on something like this. We've all forgotten names before and it's not that big of a deal, if she's attracted to you then it's not going to suddenly change just because you forgot her name.

4. SRT910

SRT910 New Member

Iv forgotten more then a few times, I have found the phone swap or just give your phone to her, some will put their name in straight away and i just watch (depending on situation) or if they just put the number in just say put it in and last initial so I remember. I have pranked the number more then a few times as i get it, not to check if its real but so its in my call list so i can match them up the next morning if it was a big night on the scotch :)

5. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Agreed... just be honest. I know I've forgotten names on a few ocassions and its never been a problem when I told them.

6. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I am absolutely terrible with names. I'll most likely forget your name by the time I'm done shaking your hand.

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

One of the most impressive things for me is if a person is introduced to a small group and remembers everyone's name like 5 minutes later.

When I first was doing martial arts and met all the guys I forgot their names almost immediately. This one newer guy came in, I met him REALLY quickly and don't even remember mentioning my name.

Months later I was getting changed in the dressing room and he was like "good to see you Alec" and I was like "ohhhh hey you too... man"

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I have the same issue, but for the most part it's normally that I don't care. I go by faces to find you not your name. Sadly some call this disrespectful, but works for me.

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Write it down dude, seriously, the second she tells you her name
    program it into your phone with a number ahead of it so it pops up first in your contact list, and with with no phone number associated yet

Phonebook: 1Susan, phone number: 123
    if she gives you her number later all you have to do is find her name and fill it in.

I kind of like that idea too because as soon as you learn her name, by doing this you're giving yourself the goal of getting her number. When you get home you can literally see how many goals you had v. how many numbers you got.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

If it was that easy he wouldn't be making this thread :mamoru:

11. Style

Style Boioioioioioioioing

The best way of remembering a name (it ALWAYS worked with me) is by repeating it. Take this as an example:

Her: Hi, I'm Jane
    You: Hi Jane, I'm Bob

Try to stress on the Jane part as well. Also towards the beginning of the convo, try repeating her name in a non-obvious way. If she calls you out on it like, be frank:

Her: Hi, I'm Jane
    You: Hi Jane, I'm Bob
    Her: Haya doing?
    You: I'm good Jane, how are you?
    Her: why do you keep repeating my name?
    You: Well frankly, I tend to forget names. Like this one time (at band camp), blah blah blah...

OK this is a shitty convo, but you get the point.

12. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

yeah that doesn't look creepy or anything :hsugh:

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

actually this is good because people like hearing their own name...

i'll probably end up getting this one anyway btu once in a blue moon i cant maneuver out of the situation. like she'll put the number in my phone, hand it to me, and go "now you write in my n ame if you remember it". me: :squint:

14. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

lol i can just picture it.

"hey i'm jason what's your name"
    "blahblahblah"
    :: pulls out pen and notepad ::
    "ok blahblahblah and how old are you and what's your phone number and adress"

15. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

i just say "yeah about that, i don't" lol

16. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

I once dated a girl for a month without knowing her name. In that span, we went out about 6 or 7 times. I finally had to think of something, and I came up with the idea to "compare license pictures". Horrible, I know, but it worked like a charm!

17. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

:mamoru:

called the new girl the wrong name on like the 2nd date. And she still hasn't let it go lol. Joking about it, but yeah keeps poking me.

And the weird thing is I don't even know an Amber. Have no idea why that name popped up in my mind.

18. Style

Style Boioioioioioioioing

exactly.

Be frank. Don't lie to her. It's also to your advantage. She'll see you as an honest person.

19. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

i always do the same thing, i always give them my phone and tell them to put themselves in it. works like a charm.

20. tbizzle

tbizzle you smoke that shit?

thats what i do when i put my number into girls' phones :rofl: my name is still in my girlfriend's contact list like that :coold:

21. Actvs Dei

Actvs Dei OT Supporter

better yet ask her to turn around so you can write it all on her back.

22. squid

squid braap

You mean you're not getting a little piece of paper that says: "Kristy 818 555 1235"?

When I forget someone's name my trick is to introduce someone else by just saying "This is Bob" then hopefully she will come back with, "Nice to meet you, I'm Kristy." This has about a 50/50 success rate :mamoru:

23. innerpeace26

innerpeace26 New Member

:rofl::bowdown:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I once dated a guy for a little bit whose last name was a blur to me. In a joking manner (trying to be sly) I asked him "hey, how do you spell your last name again?"

He looked at me just like this :squint: :ugh: "J-O-N-E-S"

Oops.