my back fucking HURTS!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SquirtRussel, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquirtRussel

SquirtRussel OT Supporter

:wtc: i am in some pain right now.... just got back from the gym. and i have been doing christophers base building routine.... after doing 5 sets of 5 at 225lbs, i went for a 3 rep max like it said, of 275. well it was not too heavy, but on the third and final rep, i felt a sprain or pinch or tear in my middle left back. so i put the weight up and was kinda freaking out as i am right now. the pain has been steadily growing, it hurts very bad. especially if i touch my chin to my chest or arch my back. i am seriously worried about what is going on back there and how long this will take to recover, as of right now, if it stays like this i wont be able to do any kind of lifting anytime soon. can someone give me their thoughts???
    i have done a 3 rep max before, and after this, ill stick to my old idea that if I cant squat it 6 times then i need to lift lighter. FUCK!!! what the hell can i do, has anyone ever had this happen to them and if so... how long did it take for you to be lifting again?
    CLIFFS: im fucked

2. SquirtRussel

[​IMG]
    hurts in that general area... its killing me

3. SquirtRussel

next day? this is not that kinda deal im pretty damn sure

4. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Looks like a Rhomboid sprain maybe? I had something very similiar when I was doing deadlifts, I felt a POP in my back and it hurt when I took deep breathes, and I couldnt bend down to well. I returned working out about a week and a half later, but couldnt squat or dead for about a month.

5. SquirtRussel

yep, you describe it well, it was a sudden pop or sprain, shit, it hurts worse today than it did last night. this is a real bitch because i have prom in 7 days... hope it will be better by then so i can dance at least

6. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

[​IMG]

:rofl:

I looked at these two posts and thought you responded to your thread and then were quoting yourself and was just like wtf is going on... :ugh:. Fucking glancing at avatars and squatting has got me retarded right now.

7. prech

prech New Member

well since it's so recent, best thing is ice, if you can get an ice pack or bag of ice strapped to that area somehow... ice it for a few days at 20mins stints, and of course rest... I've never pulled my back, but have strained my pec, and that took months before I went back to training (hope your's isn't as bad)

8. jonno

jonno New Member

i had the same shit... got it from going heavy on t-bar rows. took me a long time to recover

9. SquirtRussel

yeah... today it was feeling a bit better so i decided to go to the gym and see what excercises i could do without aggravating it, did some curls and bench, but after i weighed myself i flexed my abs in the mirror... and THAT really hurt it all of a sudden, lol, and then on the way home it was spasming REALLy bad and was extremely painful, so ive just decided to not work out until I dont feel it at all, i weighed myself today too and i was at 190! dammit i dont want to lose weight or strength... o well:wtc:

10. SquirtRussel

how long? and did you just stop lifting altogether for that amount of time? i really dont want to get out of shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.