GUN My ammo was deliverd today, but I wasn't here...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by whamola, Aug 26, 2008.

1. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

They took it to the Apartment complex office. 66lbs, 2160 rounds of 5.45x39. If they ask, what should I tell them it is?? :noes: I don't want just anyone and everyone knowing what I have, how much, and where it is.

2. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

It's a sculpture.

3. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Why do they even need to know?

4. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Tell them it's none of their fucking business.

5. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Hey, at least they took yours to the office.

Normally, UPS will deliver packages to the office when I'm not home. I ordered 1500 rounds of 9 mm last week and it was scheduled to be delivered last Thursday, unfortunately I was going out of down that day for the weekend.

It got delivered and UPS left it on the doorstep all weekend. I got home this afternoon to find the package on the doorstep (luckily it was still there) but thought how irresponsible it was for UPS to do that. Even marked ORD all over the box so that anyone that knows, now knows I have ammo coming to my apartment. $300 worth of ammunition left on the doorstep for four days for anyone to take.

Luckily its here, but I just do not think that was smart of them to do at all, leaving something dangerous on the doorstep for all to see and have access to.

6. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Video tapes that you have to return.

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

It'll probably say 'ORMD Small Arms' on it :hsugh: I'm sure they know what it is.

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

[​IMG]

Kind of gives it away but I suppose you could say you're ordering maybe some modeling clay :rofl:

9. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

Maybe i can say it's VCR parts? Heh, i dunno.

I mean, I know it's none of their business, but ladies with too much time on their hands will gossip. I missed the fucker by 20 minutes...had to leave for a Grad class.

10. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

I have to return some videotapes.

11. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

you bought various bowling balls for the league match next friday night

12. more off

more off Moderator

UPS did this to me with almost $1300 worth of computer parts
    i wasn't so lucky and my package was stolen
    after 3 weeks and several complaints filed with UPS and newegg i finally got a refund :greddy:

13. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

ive had packages delivered, where the driver will actually sign for me... and leave the package on my doorstep. both UPS and FedEx have done this.. but i think FedEx hires smarter people. theyll sometimes sign for me (which is actually convenient) and atleast hide the package somewhere by my back door. UPS just fucking dumps it right on the porch for all the nogs to see.

14. more off

more off Moderator

yup, the UPS guy signed for my package because it was signature on delivery required.

they kept telling me on the phone 'but sir we have your signature in our computer'

and i kept having to explain that in no point in time did i sign for the package :mad:

i've had the same UPS guy for years and i think he just made a bad judgment call,
    he even admitted to signing for it and leaving inside my shoe basket, but i guess somebody saw it and helped themselves.

15. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

At least they didn't toss it over the fence into your backyard and have it land a foot away from the swimming pool. Or leave the crate at the end of your driveway.

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think we have the same UPS driver :eek3:

17. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Atleast they didnt leave it with a neighbor.
    Fedex tried to deliver my 91/30 in July '06 to a guy down the street from me that I didnt even know :ugh:

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:ugh: its "none of your fucking business"

19. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

The UPS terminal is in the fucking ghetto here.

20. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

Sound deadener for your vehicle. I ordered some and it came in an ammo like box and probably heavier.

21. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

no shit I had a apartment complex rent me a 2 bedroom apartment, 30 minutes later when my brother and I were moving shit in the manager noticed one of my gun cases and came out saying I can not have Firearms there, I simply said do you really want to go to court for attempting to discriminate against me because i choose to excercise my second amendment right?

SHe turned into a deer in the headlights and went back into the office, 3 months later I broke the lease and moved out.

22. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Well, at least it was dangerous stuff. What pisses me off more than anything is that I try to be a responsible gun owner, I keep myself and people I shoot with safe, I have my guns in a safe in my apartment to do my best to keep people from being able to walk off with them or put them on the street. I dont leave them in the car when I have to go somewhere, where they might get stolen.

And, I know ammo isnt exactly the same, but to leave something like that sitting on a porch for 4 days with no one home I think is incredibly irresponsible on their part.

I dont live in a sketch area, but all areas have their sketchy people in them. I dont want to be supplying the local idiots with ammo for their illegal guns. And for UPS to just leave something that is clearly marked as it is just lying on a porch with know knowledge of when it will be picked up is irresponsible in m my opinion. They should know better, especially when they have a safe place to leave it in the office. Its not like a house where they cant take it somewhere else. The office will sign for things and give them to their proper owners later. When that option is available, simply leaving something on the doorstep is wrong. They were just too lazy to take it back down to the office, probably cause of the weight.

23. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

:eek3:

24. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm hoping my new laptop I ordered finds its way up to my office.. Had it sent to work because it's a signature required. :shock:

Wife doesn't answer the front door during the day. :coold:

25. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The stickers that say "ORM-D" and ". . . Small Caliber . . ." have probably already given it away.

If it isn't, tell them you aren't sure, that you uncle told you to expect a package and its a gift, or tell them it is a massive solid lead sex toy.