TAT My Adrian Lee Backpiece (First session) also with a healing question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Scold, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

My Adrian Lee Backpiece, Updated as of 10/20/2010

Here are some pics after the first session I had with adrian lee. Disclaimer: Yes I know I'm a fattie, I'm working on it, and If anyone makes a comment it just shows that you are jealous that I have tits that I can play with whenever I want :bigthumb: Also, I know alot of people will probably be a bit confused about the red outline. Most of his work doesn't have an actual black outline that is then filled in with color; he just has colors butting up against other colors. Once this piece is complete you will not even know this outline existed. Here is the link to his site with some examples of his work: http://analogtattoo.com/adrianlee.html

Tattoo Description:

All around the couple (down my ass to my lower thighs, half sleeves, and chest) is going to be a scene of hell; demons, devils etc etc. All the while the couple in the middle is ignoring the evil around them and just enjoying the moment, kind of the way I want to live my life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to get a quality closeup picture of your back with a cellphone camera isn't the easiest thing in the world so I apologize for the shittiness of the pictures.

SESSION #3!

Ok, I didn't update session #2 because well.... he did most of it on my ass and I'm not putting that on the internet (for yours and my benefit). Plus it was only like a 2hr session to do some yellow coloring on the center part of the lotus. Session 3 was about 5 hours, and he did a ton of shading. I will get some better pictures from one of my buddies, but this will have to suffice for now. Enjoy :big grin:

[​IMG]

**UPDATE**

I havn't updated in a while as we havn't really done much that is really post worthy (alot of stuff on my legs and ass, and some more shading) up until the last two sessions. We added in the cherry blossoms and he really started to add some color. I had a 6.5hr session yesterday with a 25point needle. Shit was in tents. I'll have the old lady get some hi-res pics soon and add 'em in.

[​IMG]

UPDATE!!

So I had another session on friday, everything went smoothly and we got a lot done. I got almost no sleep the night before, so the session was kind of rough on me. I just tried to make small talk with some of the other patrons and played games on my droid to keep my mind off of it. Other than the stuff done on my ass and upper thighs, this is the first time the tattooing has really hurt at all. My GF gets annoyed because of how well I usually deal with getting tattooed, this session was a bit different than the norm haha. All in all, it's finally starting to come together :)
    Oh, also, if you read some of my other posts, I said that my last session was 6.5hrs, and he charged me $950; well he said that he had over charged me last time, so he only charged me $600 for 5.5hrs. I wouldn't have even second guessed his price last time since it is still less than the shop price of $175 an hour. He said he is doing $500 for half days, and $800 for full days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a face pic, since all you have seen is my fat decorated back thus far!

[​IMG]

UPDATE!!!

So I had another 5.5-6hr session on Saturday (6/12/2010) and what a session it was. Around the couple was going to be one of Adrian's arch designs, and Adrian said that since I'm a bigger guy, he could do a more intricate arch. Well, what he designed blew me away and I was all for it. It took 2 attempts to get the stencil on in the correct position (all together, almost 2hrs to get it right), and let me tell you, standing perfectly still with your head facing forward for extended periods of time sucks balls.

So we get the stencil on and Adrian proceeds to clear out the parts of the stencil that aren't going to be used. As he's doing this he says, verbatim, "I have never done a design as intricate as this woven in between so many layers; I'm getting an anxiety attack just looking at these lines". And during this process he had to take a couple of breaks to clear his mind because we were going to be tattooing without breaks to get it all done as it would be impossible to line the stencil back up again (we stopped for 5mins at one point to eat a sandwich and take a piss, but that was it).

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE!!!

So, last friday I went in for another session. It was around 5.5hrs and he shaded in 1/2 of the filigree. All I can say is that anything near the ribs = :wtc: Shit fucking sucks. But, on another note, I can't express how happy I am about how this piece is turning out and I cannot wait for it to be finished!
    [​IMG]

A question for y'all now. You can kind of see it in the picture above (below is a closeup), is that bruising normal? I use the word 'bruising' loosely as I am not sure what is going on. Also I havn't changed how I handle the healing process so I don't think it has anything to do with that.
    [​IMG]

UPDATE!!

So on Friday, 9/17, we had another 6hr session where we outlined the light rays and did some fill in on the couple. Its awesome to see this piece come together!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10/18/2010
    Well, I had 2 sessions this week, one was a little 2.5hr mini session to fill in a cancellation he had, and the other one was about 6hrs. We added a few more cherry blossoms, filled in almost all of the petals with red/pink and white, and got 1/2 of the yellow centers done. Here are the pics!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATED 1/1/2010

So I had a 1hr session today, and a 4hr session 2 weeks ago. The reason for the short session today was that Adrian got attacked last night when trying to break up a fight. One of the guys pulled out a knife and stabbed his left hand, cut his face from his hair line to his chin on the left side of his face (bout 1/4" from his eye), and went to stab him in the chest, but the tip of the blade got stopped by his collar bone. He was also punched a few times. His whole eye is black, and the side of his head is swollen somethin fierce. He was sore, but I was damn impressed that he wanted to tattoo today at all. All we did today was fill in the branches with brown up on the cherry blossoms, and 2 weeks ago we colored the bottom side of the lotus with a DARK purple fading into a dark navy blue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  2. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Shit's going to be so badass when done!!!!!!

I can only imagine how good you feel about getting started in the whole process.

3. TWG

TWG New Member

man its going to heal alright i wouldnt sweat it. on tattoos that big unless you can stop living while the tattoo heals up there aint much you can do about it.

also having an artist that know what the fuck they are doing helps to speed up the healing process. looks like you got that covered. if for some reason parts dont heal up as well its a huge tattoo with many sittings so he can always fix anything. i dont see that being a problem.

when i healed up my back i had the same worries and everything turned out just fine. dont sweat it man just enjoy it!!!

4. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

bah can't wait to get one from him... i'm so broke right now.

looks good so far:bigthumb:

5. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

That looks SO GOOD. I love it :big grin:.

6. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

Thanks for the comments guys!!! I'm always finding excuses to be near a big mirror so i can take my shirt off and check it out hahaha. I cannot wait to get back in there again for another session, my next appointment is going to be on October 9th. It would be sooner but he's going to London for a few weeks to tattoo out there.

Also thanks for the tips on the healing stuff, I think it will be fine, but I was just worried as this is a big investment. Thanks again for the kind words!

7. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

And yes it feels awesome to finally get this piece started. It's like the feeling the day after you lost your virginity, everything is A-OK in the world :)

8. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

Thanks for reminding me dick :fawk:

9. notcreative

notcreative New Member

looks awesome, i'm sure Adrian is gonna do an amazing job. Keep up the updates.

10. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

fuck, I hate it that most image hosts are blocked at work :( I always come in here wanting to see peoples new tats :mad:

11. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

That's gay as hell. Do you know any that are unblocked, as I can re upload them there.

12. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Fucking brilliant.

13. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

14. looks like you have a fat back

15. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

quite the observation

16. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

No shit? Man... considering I SAID i was fat, posted pictures of my fatness, then you come here and point out that I'm fat... you should be a detective. Your ability to pick up on the elusive and obscure details of your environment astound me. I bid you great luck and fortune in your journey to a successful career, family and life.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Scold

17. Elfling

Elfling New Member

That idea and execution= :bowdown: Can't wait to see it finished.

18. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

Update in original post.

19. Memor

Memor Active Member

holy fuck. :bowdown:

what is he charging you per hr?

20. FoolioABC

FoolioABC New Member

so sick

21. TWG

TWG New Member

i bet it felt good on the ass...comin along nicely

22. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

Thanks man :bigthumb:

And he is $175 an hour, but he just changed the way he does his sessions. He's doing like... 1/2 days for $500 (just under 3hrs) and full days for iono what, I haven't asked. It was cool because we were about 3hrs in and I was like "you know I'm only doing half sessions right..?" And he said he was just going to continue on until he got to a stopping point. So 2 hours later we finally got done, and he still only charged me for a half day :bowdown:

Dude... the ass was in-tents. And what made it even better was that I started school like 3 days later. Sitting through a 3hr lecture with your ass freshly tattooed is not fun, not fun at all.

23. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

:bigthumb: :h5:

24. Lucien

Lucien Guest

:bowdown: can't wait for more updates.

25. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

Is that directed at me, or the tattoo? :naughty:

I can't wait to get more ink so I can provide you with updates!! :noes: