My AA style intake *steath style*

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by pLaYIstIcPimP, Feb 5, 2006.

1. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

So i decided this afternoon to do the AA style intake on my 540. I got the sink drains but i was not happy with how big of a lip they had. I wanted it to remain stock looking. So i ran around town and found these :) I then got some 3 inch flexible hose at lowes and a clamp. I of course had to get my dremel. It is really straight forward. i used www.bmwtips.com to find out how to do the removal of the front bumper. I would recommend you not taking out the wheel wells. they are a pain to get back in. you do have to unscrew one at the bottom though. I have not put the K&N filter in yet. My takes are that this thing sucks, literally. You put your fingers in front of it and step on the gas and your hands are inside the port tube. I don't really feel too much of a difference on the road. i am hoping the K&N will help with that. with being a 540, i routed the other port to the brake duct. Here are the pics, tell me what you think. The more i look at my black car the more i want it repainted. man, black cars are a pain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DuncMan

DuncMan New Member

nice job, any pics under the hood?

3. machine81

machine81 New Member

Take the flex hose off, rattle can the inside of it black, and replace.

It'll look a TON better.

Also, what does this do? Is it just a variation on a cold-air intake?