My 95 BMW M3

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by pLaYIstIcPimP, Feb 4, 2004.

1. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

just a couple of pics. Need to clay bar and S100 the beast :) let me know what you think. It is a work in progress

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Gorgious and the right color!

3. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

hey man, thanks for the comments. it has some swirls in it that just bug the crap out of me. more pics will come when i actually get to do a lot of work to it.

4. Maz_6

Maz_6 New Member

Thats hot dude! :yum:

Hey is their really any difference between the 95 and 97 M3?. I really want the 97 model. Don't know why :dunno:

5. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

Yes, there is a difference between the 95's and 96-99's. The 95's were the only ones to come with the 3.0 engine and OBDI computer. the 96-99 came with a 3.2L. They are rated the same horsepower but the 3.2 has a little more torque. BUT....the big deal is that the 3.2 has the OBDII. the OBDI responds A LOT better to mods that you do to the car. of course, my pick, i would get a 97 and then convert the OBDII to OBDI. not only do you pick up torque, but also horsepower and if you mod it, man, you will have a monster. but if you have any questions just ask ;)

6. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Yea I have some swirls also. Pain in the ass to cover up, but damn it looks good clean.

7. Maz_6

Maz_6 New Member

One more question...

What in the hell is a OBDII and OBDI? :o :confused:

8. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

On Board Diagnostics (sp?) basically with the emissions and what not, they had to do more restrictions with the 96+. all it is is a manifold and some other parts. it is about $1,000 for parts and another $500 in labor but is SO worth it. If i could do it again, i would pay the extra and have the more powerful more and the torque. that is what i really want. but don't mistake the 3.0's because if the 3.2's aren't OBDI then the 3.0 will smoke it when it is modded the same. I have been on the BMW scene for about 3 years now and have done CRAZY amount of research. if you are serious, i can show you were to get the parts and even help you find a car. PM me if you are serious and have more questions