my 94 325is *shitty cell Pics*

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Two toys, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Two toys

Two toys New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

completely stock right now, currently a full time film student with no money, but within a few weeks ill have new tires/brakes/shocks.

2. Antrieb

Antrieb New Member

Nice platform :)

Now get some wheels, a drop, and some new lights.

3. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i like my wheels.
    my new suspension should lower it about an inch and a half
    and new lights are low on the priority list especially since they dont do anything for performance.

4. Antrieb

Antrieb New Member

Are you kidding? Lighting is one of the most important things you can upgrade. Especially when you have regular lights like you do. At least get some projector lights in there, you will be much happier with the light output.

Lighting is important for performance because it allows you to be safe in the dark.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

no I am not kidding. When I take my car out it is only during the day usually on sundays, I wont make night runs yet. And the light output is fine for regular driving. I guess I should have explained that for my application it isn't important right now. It is on the list believe me and I know what kind of lights I want when I get to them but for now its a no go.

6. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

hell just switching the bulbs to silverstar will help tremendously over the stock ones...

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

WHY?

i just said im not driving at night (aside from daily freeway driving etc)

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sylvania Silverstar bulbs are the best cheap upgrade ever. I like them better than HIDs. They make real light, not just a single bluish color. You will definitely appreciate them once you try them. I even bought them for my friends and family, they're so good. I'll never drive a car without them again, unless they come up with something better.

9. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

This is a joke right? The bi xenons in my 330ci are hardly blue and they light up the surrounding like regular bulbs never could.

10. Antrieb

Antrieb New Member

True story, the 6000k HID's are one of the best lighting upgrades you can do.

11. Eric BMW

Eric BMW New Member

Ummm...no. 6000K is mroe for show. The best possible light output you can get from HID's are at the 4300K temperature.

I have an e36 and am a student aswell. In fact, im from SoCal but now live out of state for college.

When people say upgrade to sylvania silverstars they are just sayign buy new bulbs. It's $35 for a pair. It's great upgrade. Cheap too. Aweosme light output for somethign that isnt HID. I could get mroe in depth for all the projector headlights availible but I understand lighting isnt at the top of your list, but if you ever want to go with HID's youll need to get projectors first.

By the way I have a 95 M3 with ZKW projectors and silverstar bulbs.

12. deusexaethera

I'm not joking. The fundamental problem with every kind of lightbulb EXCEPT tungsten is that it doesn't actually light up with all visible colors; fluorescent bulbs, HID bulbs, LED bulbs...you name it, they all make "whitish" light by making a bright blue color and a faint yellow color, and all the rest of the spectrum is pitch black.

The result is that the few colors that ARE lit up have to be a lot brighter so your eyes will percieve a comfortable level of light. Those two or three bright colors end up fatiguing and damaging your eyes after a long time, because your pupils stay wider as a result of the poor light quality.

Brightness is not everything. HIDs may be brighter, but you can get better-quality light from regular bulbs. It will always be that way, at least until they make HIDs that make 100's of different colors all at once.

13. deusexaethera

Keep in mind that Silverstars are a specific BRAND of bulb, it's not just a generic term for new headlight bulbs. In particular, Silverstar != Cool Blue.

14. Eric BMW

Eric BMW New Member

Ive had Cool blues and silverstars and they defintely dont look the same. Just because of the color of the cool blues, I had difficulty seeing at night or in bad weather.

I know Silverstars are a brand, but what i'm sayign is that the Sylvania Silverstars are great bulbs for stock halogens!

15. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

I don't understand how the increase in "quality" you describe remotely outweighs the fact that you can actually SEE much more of your surrounding with HIDs?

16. deusexaethera

You won't damage your eyes over the long-term. It's like how people buy louder headphones than they used to, because they can't hear as well anymore. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm speaking from nothing more and nothing less than my own experience. I've driven cars with HIDs, yes they're bright, but the single color of blue light washes out details that can come in handy when you're driving through the woods. Like whether that brown patch by the side of the road is a bush or a deer.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go find a streetlight with one of the older "white" bulbs (instead of the new orange ones) and look at your clothing. Anything red will show up almost completely black, because there is no red light to reflect off the red fabric.