MMA My 5 Biggest Pet Peeves in the Gym

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Jun 17, 2008.

1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

1. People that punch, kick, knee, etc.. the turnbuckle. Go hit a fucking bag retard.

2. People that wear those shitty little foam soccer looking shin pads. Wooden shin pads would be just as effective as those shits.

3. People that hit WAY harder than they like to be hit and constantly move backwards. Nothings better than someone who is trying to maim you, but hops on the bicycle the second they think they might get hit.

4. People using the heavy bag that don't need it. I can't stand when I am getting ready and warming up and go to hit the heavy bag and I have a 115 lb girl giving it love taps.

5. people who talk down about or to other people at the gym.

We have this guy in our sparring group that is convinced he is the hottest shit ever and is guilty of all of the above. I am the least aggressive person ever, but I look forward to hurting him next week. [​IMG]

/rant

2. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

people really do that?:ugh:

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i dont like rolling with fat sweaty dudes. they always just try to stack me and hurt my lower back the whole time, and they tend to sweat in my face and mouth :ugh:

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

people who train in god damn socks. i cant believe my academy allows that. there arent many people who do it.. but during the winter it comes out in full force. Its super gay to me. Some guys socks were all dirty and had holes in them.. urghhhhhh

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm a big, sweaty dude. I'm not fat and I'm in good shape, but I sweat more than anyone else at my gym. :hs:

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Its called being elusive :ugh:

Seriously though, heavybag hogs suck. We have this one old guy who will come in around 6:30 (right when most people start to get on the heavybag) and he'll do like 15 rounds in a row. We only have 1 good heavybag in the gym and 2 shitty ones, and he gets on the good one. :madfawk:

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Smelly people.

/thread

8. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

People who go 100%, even when instructed that this is light rolilng.
    People who drip sweat. I understand sweating, but we've got one dude that has sweat dripping off of him in puddles before warm ups are done.
    People with bad hygeine in general. Gi's that smell like mold, long fingernails, not clean, etc.
    Guys 100lbs heavier than me wanting to roll. No thanks, I'm still hurt from the last time your walrus ass needed to lay on top of me for 10 minutes.
    Our one instructor who does nothing to help you better your game rolilng. We all get it, you're a brown belt and better than we are. Please go like 50% and at least help me learn from my mistakes instead of tapping me 5 times in 5 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  9. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Wow I've never seen someone do that to a turnbuckle but i'd probably lawl if I did. I wear those shin pads T_T, I actually notice a difference. I can kick a heavy bag a hell of a lot harder with them on, when I don't I get huring shins. I am using them less and less though. My shins are starting to get used to the pain.

A good friend I spar with goes full power sometimes, but it never seems intentional, just spur of the moment. I do wish he would slow down a little, but I find I get better when that type of pressure is on me and since it's 70% I can't rely on a one punch. It'll make me prepared for when I punch someone with everything and it doesn't faze them, I'll have something else ready.

10. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i hate dirty and smelly gi's, i can't stand the stale smell of sweat. Also as mentioned already uncut finger/toe nails and bandaids all over the feet that fall off and get stuck in the mats while rolling :barf: People that think it's the ufc and just fucking go 150%, yet as soon as you get on top of them they tap and want to start over again :ugh2:

11. Bausk

Bausk New Member

:wtc:

12. Sylva

Sylva New Member

I've dropped several gym friends that like to bang but don't like it when you bang back.

If you don't want to get hit hard, don't hit me hard.

Unless we go into the round with the understanding we are going to bang, I go as hard as the other person. Sucks when people don't like how hard THEY are going.

13. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

Thats how I train as well.

The other week I had 2 guys complain to me after class about me beating them up after they started to get all aggressive with me in training.

I pitty pat guys until they try and turn it up, then when I put the mash on them they wanna be like "Man can you just submit me? I'm not gonna get any better if you just beat my face in." to which i readily respond "Sure you will. You'll learn to defend your face or you'll stop training like an asshole."

14. Redneck Shinobi

I know what you mean. My friend isn't that bad, I've sparred with people who went full out and one guy that turtled pretty much 70% of anything. I have a problem hitting friends too, it's a mental block I need to get past. I can't seem to want to cause harm to a good friend. So I usually end up eating a hard shot or two and not retaliate.

He has been told that he goes to hard, I can't really bitch because if I compete it's gonna be with big mother fuckers and he's only 165. The guy can hit though, gives me a migraine thinking about his hook.

15. Sylva

Sylva New Member

16. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I think hygiene things like smelly gi's, fingernails, and body odor are not pet peeves, they are just flat out unacceptable to anyone. If you dont want to be clean, then you dont get to attend class.

Mine are:

1. People who want to win rather than learn. If you get me in something thats well setup and properly exectuted, ill tap right away and congratulate you. If you try to go for something cheap and out of position ill fight you with every ounce of strength and probably try to submit you with the proper version of whatever you tried to use on me.

2. Head grabbers. A cross face or a guillotine have their place, but dont grab my head while im in side control on you and squeeze as hard as you can like you have something. Im just going to wait and jam my knee even harder into your sternum when I get out.

3. People who burn out after you sweep them. Sure ill let you start in mount or let you pass my guard easily, youre new here. But after 5 minutes of you trying your best to do everything possible and i sweep you to work my top game, you dont get to just give up.

4. Big people whos game is to just use their size. Use your size to control my hips and pass my guard or to posture out of my triangle, dont use your size to try to fold me into a taco. Im only 180lbs but when I roll with smaller guys I would never dream of stacking them for minutes on end, why do the big guys seem to think that this is the greatest move ever invented.

5. People who grab shit in nogi. Dont grab anything. Even if Im wearing gi pants, dont grab it. I know you want to, just no. Dont.

17. Redneck Shinobi

I don't get all the hate on bigger guys. I'm 250, but I never roll to use it as an advantage. I Just the same as not using harder punches in stand up. I've been called light for my weight when rolling because I don't like to put my weight on people. I honestly should be using my weight to keep better position and posture, but I don't. I also don't try to just force out of guard either I do explode, but with no more force than they would exert.

It's not really a competition you are there to learn, those people will find themselves getting ass raped by someone who not only has their strength, but crisper technique.

18. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I hate absolutely hate the number 3's, in fact that's why I had to quit savate classes at my current gym. Everyone (and one guy in particular) would just do the Kalib Starnes and literally run around the room to avoid me, and then just pick off cheap shots whenever they could (kicking high when it was low kick training, laying in kicks directly to the knee joint, etc...). Also, they would like to hit hard but whine and complain when they got it back, one dude did the flying French soccer player and flayed himself out on the canvas after a love tap.

I hate people also that are talking in the back while the instructor is demonstrating something. Shut up or leave is my opinion.

19. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

damn yo.. im the big dude that SWEATS like a maniac..
    im dripping after WARMUPS.. and i always end up sweating on the dude im rolling with.. i try to angle my head so i drip on myself or not in the face.. i always also wipe myself with my sleeve whenever possible.. i cut my hair recently so hopefully that will help

20. Bausk

Bausk New Member

It does, alot. I just shaved my head again for my "summer cut".

21. Kenny Dalglish

22. Kenny Dalglish

sweet.. people are now calling me corporate at my job but whatever..

23. Sylva

Sylva New Member

I'm 180 pounds and don't mind rolling with the big guys at all. Hell the past few weeks I've been rolling almost exclusively with big strong 205+(up to 260) jacked wrestlers from Iowa. Farm boy strenth and good wrestling. Good workout and even if they do know less, you have to have your game on point b/c of their size strength if you fuck up, the can just twist some shit off. lol Plus if I can Triangle,sweep,armbar these guys, I'm not to worried about someone my size/stregth.

24. geekboy

geekboy Target Agent OT Supporter

-smelly ass gi
    -sweaty guys

there is also this old guy comes to the gym in his street clothes(jeans, shirt, sweater) :hsugh:

25. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Anyone else hate the can opener guys or the bottom of side control/mount guillotiners?

Neither of them make you tap but it's fucking annoying.