My 2005 Mustang GT (long story, lotsa pics)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Guido The Penguin, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

I've always wanted a 69 Boss 302. However the search wasnt going so good as the ones I found were either in dire need of restoration (which I didnt wanna do) or were so expensive they werent worth it. But in 2005 Ford introduced the new S197 chassis Mustang and I decided a new or used GT would soon be calling me daddy.

However I was real picky about options. I wanted a GT coupe in a manual and it had to be red, blue, or black. Finding a car that fit those options was difficult. I'd find a GT manual in black, but it'd be a convertable. Or I'd find a GT manual coupe, but it'd be white.

One morning about 8 AM, my father calls me at my house from the dealership while getting warranty work done to his Expedition. I was at work until 4AM the night before so I was dead tired. He tells me "there's a Black 2005 Mustang GT coupe manual with red leather interior. Its used and only has 800 miles on it." It only took me about 10 minutes to get to the dealership after I hung up the phone. After giving the car a good going over and finding no mechanical issues, I signed the paperwork, traded in my old Cougar (2000 v6) and put an extra $8k down to get my payments down.

Here it is the day I bought her. Went out to take a few pics.
    [​IMG]

I used to do alot of autocrossing and would take it to some car shows. My trophy collection started to accumulate. Notice my fail attempt at trying to be broly....
    [​IMG]

First mod was the trunk with the addition of some stereo/install goodies. No huge boom boom. But the sound is very clean and sounds great with whatever music you play. Plus it ties into the black/red theme of the car.
    [​IMG]

And I autocrossed it. Brought home the F stock class championship in 07 for the local SCCA club.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, it got hit by lightning.
    [​IMG]

Then the exterior started is transformation. Added window louvers and the side ducts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine got some refreshment. Demolet CAI with SCT 93 octane tune.
    [​IMG]

Then I swapped out the front bumper for the Roush and added the Cervini's ducktail spoiler.
    [​IMG]

Then I got hit by a chunk of debris from an 18 Wheeler that blew by me doing about 90 in a 70.
    [​IMG]

While in the shop getting repaired, I added the Roush rocker panels to it since stock ones were having to be replaced anyway.
    [​IMG]

Then the big one. New 20" American Racing Rebel in black. Sumitomo 255/35s all around. Slight upgrade from the stockers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the car was finally getting her look. Not flashy, but not subtle either.
    [​IMG]

Threw the Eibach Pro-Kits on. Got the wheel gap just right. Also added the Roush off-road resonator exhaust.
    [​IMG]

The car was featured on display at the annual fair car show. 2 weeks of not getting to drive her. But judging by the steady stream of people posing for pics with it, it was a crowd fave.
    [​IMG]

Took a top 5 finish (out of over 50 cars) at a rather cold car show.
    [​IMG]

Step son trying to carry the trophy made it all worth it. :hs::hs:
    [​IMG]

moar pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

step son passed out asleep in trunk at big Mustang car show here in town. Ended up taking 1st in Modifieds undercarriage judged.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we had to get him his own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We love to take it to the local weekly cruise-in. He shows his off just like how I do mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Not a big mustang fan, but it looks good man. Nice work.

3. Evan

Evan OT Supporter

Tacky.

4. Guido The Penguin

in what way? :dunno:

5. Evan

Evan OT Supporter

your trunk is awful
    all the obnoxious non-functional scoops
    painted stock calipers
    tacky wheels

6. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

ya, dunno about this one. I mean, overall is looks nice but i dont like the black wheels or the red in the trunk. The scoops, imo, look great but non-functional scoops are pretty gehy, so thats a bit of a double edged sword for me.

7. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

I came here to post this... :hs:

8. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

Looks great! Ford did do a good job with that body style, just needs about 100 more hp over stock. Definately a fan of the wheels, but I'm biased since I had those on my Camaro.

9. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

any other mods or is it all show no go?

10. Guido The Penguin

Its got about 60 hp over stock with the CAI/tune/exhaust. Which for me is enough. It used to be all go and no show. And over time its gone from one to the other. I keep thinking of other performance mods to do. Bigger throttle body/headers/hot rod cams are some of the things on the list.

Yeah, I know about the painted brake calipers. It was a cheap fix while I decide which big brake kit to get.

If I really had the funds, I'd throw a Roushcharger on it.

11. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Cool little write-up, thanks for sharing. I'm typically not a huge fan of these, but I like what you've done with yours.

12. August Burns

August Burns New Member

My only suggestion would be brakes, but looks like you are already doing it.

13. MstngJosh

MstngJosh New Member

Cool write-up! Nice car!

14. Guido The Penguin

I keep thinking sticking with the Roush kit. But jesus its so expensive compared to other kits. Brembo has a nice kit, though they only offer non slotted/drilled rotors. I'll probably go with the Baer kit though as a friend of mine has same setup on his and the brake feel is good.

Right now i'm staring at a Granatelli Twin 65mm throttle body in black. :wiggle:

15. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

16. Foot Soldier

Foot Soldier New Member

i like it, but imo i think the rims in the front should have smaller lip that woulda set them off nicely and slotted and drilled discs would be a nice mod :)

17. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I'm not a domestic guy but the mods look like they were done right and it is well taken care of. Doesn't look overdone, although 20" wheels are a bit too big for my tastes. Get that brake upgrade, big brakes rock.

18. notaniceperson

notaniceperson -I'm an ASSHOLE!

Nice waste of money.

Fucking riced out mustang.

Original.

19. Pogi

Pogi Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0

Thats a good pic with your step son and the red mustang in front of it. haha

20. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

4-piston Drilled: http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BREMBOBRAKES1B1.8046A
    6-piston drilled: http://cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BREMBOBRAKESYSTEM1M18016A&cat=270
    Slotted: http://www.americanmuscle.com/brembo-mustang-gt500-brake-kit.html

21. tony83

tony83 Guest

sweet, I like mustangs...

22. sexhaver420

sexhaver420 Buying stuff I don't need, with money I don't have OT Supporter

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and :bsflag: your 60hp with CAI/catback/tune

23. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I like it. I don't like how far the scoops stick out but I like them. I think they need to be closer to the body. Not sure what everyone is talking about with rice. Its suppose to be like the old style mustang with a new generation touch. I think you nailed it there. I'd suggest going turbo over super charger though. Nice car, really looks good.

24. Guido The Penguin

You can get 100+hp over stock using simple bolt ons and a proper tune. :rolleyes:

This isnt a 4-banger Honda with a cheap greddy intake.....

25. Bzevey

Bzevey New Member

Looking good one of my friends has a white GT his just had a run in with a Deer and was looking at getting Halo Projectors