my 2 cd-roms isn't reading on my comp

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AstroHud, Dec 15, 2009.

1. AstroHud

AstroHud New Member

May 7, 2007
    I can reject my cdrom drive on my computer (there is an option there where i can click) and the drive rejects. After knowing it's all hooked up. I put in a cd, and the cd won't read on the comp. I put in a music cd, or a install disk of some kind, and it still wont read. Any idea on how to fix this?
  2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    The most likely culprit is that your EIDE cable has come loose from the motherboard.
    I really, really, really, really want to tell you to open up the computer and unplug it from the motherboard and then plug it back in.
    Butt....... there are about a 100 different things you could knock loose in the process that could cause you bigger problems.

I don't want to tell you to take it to get it fixed cause it is probably something small, quick and stupid and isn't worth paying a lot of money for. I hate the idea of someone taking a PC to Best Buy and getting charged $100 for something I could do with no tools in under 5 minutes.

My recommendation is that you find someone friendly that has any sort of experience inside a computer, tell him what happened, tell him that it has been suggested that the EIDE cable may have come loose and ask him to open it up and plug it back in for you.
    In exchange for this offer to buy him a pizza or something.