My 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 (work in progress)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TonyMontana, Jun 1, 2007.

1. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

I figured I would share some pics of my 1988 5.0. When I bought the car it had the original motor which was very tired, some paint damage and a misaligned hood. I went about swapping in a fresh 92 5.0 motor out of a wrecked GT with 92XXXkm on it, had the transmission rebuilt locally and put in a brand new clutch and B&M shortthrow shift kit. Otherwise the car is stock minus a flowmaster catback. The previous owner put in brand new carpet just before I bought it. I am painting it in August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TonyMontana

ordered clear corners today. Should be here in 5 business days.

3. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

there is no better project car in this earth than the 5.0 LX fox mustang. HUGE after market, very easy to work on, fun to drive and can go very fast for cheap. Good luck with the build and keep us updated on the car. :coold:

4. TonyMontana

Im not sure yet. I dont have alot of money right now as Im paying for school:o Im going to redo the exhaust as the stock headers suck and the stock H pipe has a cracked cat that is rattling like fuck. Im going to go with equal length shorties and a BBK H pipe. I also just ordered a new Hi flow fuel pump and a pressure regulator, for when I decide to drop the gastank and replace the shitty stock fuel pump.

the motor I swapped in is completely stock and im going to leave it that way. I have a complete longblock in my garage that will hopefully receive heads/cam/intake in a few months:x: