My 1967 Dodge Charger

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Fareo, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Fareo

Fareo New Member

Its a work in progress,

primer job is to test 2 tone

as is 383ci big block 3 speed auto my buddy and i are swaping a EFI 360ci out of a newer dodge ram and 4 speed auto. im tired of thoughs rims and im tryn to get some 17" for it.

oh ya and i drive it daliy.. even with these gas prices..:ugh2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

pictures are alittle big... my bad

3. revelry

revelry New Member

awesome car!! Gonna get a fresh paint job soon?

4. SumAzunGuy

SumAzunGuy New Member

damn hott

5. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

:) Hippy seats :)

I'd pimp that so hard

6. sphinx

sphinx New Member

nice lookin car!

7. DonTalarico

DonTalarico New Member

Pics gone bad, new host please!!

8. JohNny T

JohNny T Guest

nice car

9. el3ment

el3ment New Member

yeah pics are gone

10. shanker

shanker unemployed

EFI 360 for a 383? are you dumb or something?

11. Advan

Advan New Member

no but you are, a fuel injected 360 can make more power and have better gas mileage than a carbureted 383

12. Advan

Advan New Member

that plus the detail he will probebly be getting a deal on the motor and transmission as a whole so why would he take the time to seperate the engine and tranny in this case when he can upgrade to all new components

13. yah, 1 time me & mi best frend went 2 a car show and there was ahhh 67 gunmetal blue charger. and i asked him if he ever once raced a sweet ride like the one that he drives and then he said if i was rtarded and i answered i freckin am not dude... u r mean. but one time when i was a lttle kid when i was about 13 and a half i had a friend named joe and he like-ed to play playstaion and on his tv that his dad bought from best buy, it was lke 200 or more doolares!!!! can u belive that!!!!! his dad works at a sweet mufler shop, and and all the muflers there are made out of like metal, but in his spare time he likes to make little roller coasters ut of glueing popsicles stickes together. He race these little sweet marbels tat he bought from target with the money he made from the muflers. that is preety sweet huh. but if u ask me, the roller coaster made there hose smeelllllll.... But i am prety sure that the red marbels rooled down the track faster that the yellow one because the red marbels he like but the red ones would win every time, but that is only what i think. that is pretty sweet! Dont u think so???? OHHHHHHHH YEaHHHH,,,, i almost forgot, joes dad as missing and eye because when he was a little kid he asked is dad for a penny and his dad said sure, if u work for it, so jo's dad worked and the lumber mill with his dad and mad for dollars!! then he boght a bunch of hotwheels and with the change left over, he put on the railroad tracks behind his house. after all the change had goten ran and flattened b the train he went in side, but as he was walking back to his home, he found a penny on the ground so he took the peny to the railroad and put the penny down on the tracks, the tracks were made ut of steel!!! that is seet huh. Well any wase the train started coming twords the penny and the train ran it over and the penny flew out and hit him in the eye and that is y he only has one eye, that is pretty funny, huh??? that is sweet!!! Well, i think so!

14. shanker

shanker unemployed

uh.....ok. if you do a search on Moparts, there is a guy w/ a blown EFI 383 that is running 11's w/ a stock block and internals.

You will never get the torque out of that 360 to push a 4 thousand pound car off the line. if you want mileage, go w/ a 318 or /6

I know my mopars, obviously you dont

15. Advan

Advan New Member

how about I had a 71 charger with a 383 and you will not run an 11 with just torque

16. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

pics arent loading..

I was gonna buy a 67' charger

17. 989

989 New Member

Repost the pics, I want to see. Are you on www.DodgeCharger.com? 383 isn't the motherlode, guys. If you are gonna go BIG just go all the way and get a 440. A built 360 will do just fine getting the Charger off the line as the powerband will be wider. Sure it won't have the initial grunt, but overall driveablility, economy and performance will be a great combination...especially for a daily driver.

Sure can't beat the sound of a cammed big block though. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  18. Not All There

Not All There New Member

hey shanker, its a dialy driver...not a race car.....

19. shanker

shanker unemployed

but the torque will be GONE, acceleration will blow compared to the big block.

I have a 70 Coronet R/T w/ a 440 in it and get 18mpg doing 70 on the highway and around 13 in town.

reasoning for a EFI 360 is dump, EFI 383 > that

20. Not All There

Not All There New Member

it will be pleanty for what he needs.....

21. 989

989 New Member

Shanker, what gear ratio are you running? Are you running a spreadbore carb? 18?? I get 6-8 out of mine. :( I'd love to see pics of your car...I love Coronets.

22. turboCABBY

turboCABBY New Member

nice Red Xs

23. Not All There

Not All There New Member

shanker, i dont know what the fuck your talking about, its a great idea to go to fuel injected, awesome reliability, economy, and a nice performace upgrade as well. Hes usuing it as a daily driver and its a perfect set up for what he needs, i dont knwo what the hell is wrong with your car, looks like you need to rethink some things to get what you should out of it in the gearing etc, possibly even int he carb. He will have plenty of torque, power, etc with his new motor choice....think before you critisize someones decision.

Air

24. Toke513

Toke513 New Member

^^Agree. Its still a pretty big V8, while it may be a little less in power it wont be that much of a difference. Plus the F/I will make such a big difference for mpg. I bet with a few bolt ons it will be right back up there

25. shanker

shanker unemployed

but there is still no argument for the #'s they both put out. In a 4500 lb car, torque > hp