SRS my 15 year old sister is on birth control

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Jun 29, 2008.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

And my mother got it for her. She is a dumb little 15 year old girl and hangs out with 18-20 year old guys. She basically doesn't even look like she's completely done with puberty yet. This is very disturbing to me. My father is doing nothing about it, he hasn't even voiced an opinion. It doesn't seem like my mother has even tried to straighten my sister out. My mother got knocked up when she was very young. I guess history repeats itself. Am i wrong to think this is messed up?

I am 20 years old. Yesterday night 2 guys came over my our house to see my sister after my parents left. One of them was 19 and the other was 18. I REALLY felt like something bad was happening here and I wanted to kick them out. But I didn't since nobody else in my family has said anything about it. What should I do next time?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My sister went on bc when she was a teen but it was to regulate her period. She definitely didn't hang out with 20 year old dudes when she was 15. Eww.

I agree with you that's messed up.

3. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

It sounds to me that while your mom got knocked up when she was young, she's trying to prevent your sis from having the same thing happend to her by putting her on BC. You seem to think that by putting her on BC, your mom and dad (by omission) are giving her the go ahead on having sex....I dont see it this way...I mean, if she is having sex, and your parents cant really stop it, the least they can do is keep her from getting pregnant. Think about what might happen if they just say "Just dont have sex"....I'm sure that would work out great.

This, on the other hand, may be something your parents/you can do something about. Dude, there were guys in your house that you didnt want there. As the only adult in the house, you have the right to say who can be there and who cant. Next time this happends, kick them out. If your sis complains to your parents (which I doubt will happen) just ask her what the hell she's doing having 18/19 yr old dudes over w/o your parents home/knowing whats going on...

4. kiri

kiri New Member

i went on birth control when i was 15 :dunno: better safe than sorry, IMO.

you can be in denial about your kids being sexually active and pretend like if she's not on birth control then she's not having sex, but that doesn't work so well when she gets pregnant at age 16. your mom is probably trying to protect her from getting pregnant at a young age. yes, i think it's a bit inappropriate for her to be hanging out with lots of older guys, but at least she's not going to get knocked up.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

So its messed up that a 15yr old girl is trying NOT to get pregant? WTF?

6. Jovian

Jovian New Member

Pretty sure the only messed up thing in the situation is the fact that she's hanging out and possibly sexually active with men 5 years older than her at the age of 15. She's still a kid.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

With the whole going on birth control thing...there are various reasons why it is a good idea...obviously prevention of pregnancy, but also regulation of periods and hormones. So that, you're overreacting about.

Now, as far as the older guys coming over....TALK TO YOUR PARENTS! Don't make a thread about it on a message board, go to your parents and tell them what happened. Say something like "Hey, I don't think this is an appropriate thing to do while you guys are gone".

8. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

So, you WANT her to get knocked up?

Also, ignore it and bail out of that house. Go to college, then graduate/medical training, and then they can all go f themselves.

9. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Sure it's messed up but not nearly as messed up as being completely oblivious to the fact her 15 year old daughter is regularly getting poked by 20 year olds. She obvioulsy doesn't want the cycle to continue and well, sometimes you just can't tell a teenager something is wrong to do because they're going to do it anyways.

I'm actually glad the mom took some steps instead of sticking her head in the sand. It's not perfect, far from it but at least the mom is acknowledging the fact her daughter is getting laid and is probably retarded about birth control as most teenagers are.

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:werd:

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

. I don't see the big deal. I went on BC when I was 15. Better to be have safe sex than run around having unprotected sex. Let's be honest, if she wants to have sex no amount of wrist slapping and telling her NOT to have sex is going to work. At least the mother is going about this is a responsible manner. It's just the nature of teenagers these days.

Edit: As for the 20 year old men, that's a whole separate issue and needs to be addressed as such.

12. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

would you rather her be on BC or rely on her or her partner using condoms? the girl is going to have sex whether anyone wants her to or not so she might as well make sure she's not going to be knocked up

sounds like you're just pissed because your little sister is getting dick.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Better she's on birth control instead of fucking guys without a condom or BC.

Weren't you having sex with that girl without a condom?

14. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

her having sex with people 4-5 years older than her is a completely separate issue. Fact is, if she's having sex, being on BC is better than not being on it.

I hope they're still using condoms tho

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

or just call the cops and tell them two adults are in your house with you and your 15 year old sister, and you're not sure what's going on

16. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Kids these days are getting more and more "mature" younger and younger. I personally don't think its that weird to see a 15 year old on BC. I work at victorias secret, and I see many girls her age or younger come in to buy sexy panties and outfits.

I think you should realize that your sister is not a child anymore, shes getting older. You should be happy that she is atleast using BC, and hopefully using condoms. As an older brother, I would just talk to her about being safe, and talk to your parents about who she hangs out with. In the end, it's your parents decision and not yours about that stuff.

I would personally just try to encourage her to BE SAFE, and be supportive and understanding of her. I love my brothers because they are there for me and someone to confide in when I can't talk to my parents about certain issues. Tell her she can come to you about things, and she won't be judged. It will probably give you a better relationship. I know it did with my brothers.

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

That sucks and is really messed up. But she's obviously sexually active anyway so getting her on BC was the right thing to do. If I were you I would be supportive and talk to her about condom usage. Sometimes kids that age are embarrassed about getting them or don't know where to get them, so maybe you can help out that way. It sounds crazy but she's not this innocent little girl in your mind anymore, so you have to face and deal with reality accordingly instead of trying to force her into being someone she's not. It sucks that she's fucking 19/20 year olds. I mean that is illegal isn't it? But it's better to do it in her own home than some other random place.

18. Punky72

Punky72 New Member

As a parent, I have to be realistic. Teenagers (even younger now days) are going to have sex if they want to no matter what a parent does to try to prevent it. Seriously, when I was in high school we had people getting caught IN school having sex.

Knowing this, the only defense I feel I have in protecting my kids is education and making sure they are using the proper protection.

My bf has full custody of his 15 yrs old daughter and she looks at me as a mom. After discussing it with my bf (making him fully aware that if she is going to have sex she will do it no matter what we say) I took her to planned parenthood got her on BC pills, got her started on the HPV vaccinations, and instructed her how to put a condom on a guy and made sure she had some in her purse because she should never trust him to have protection and she should make sure she is always protecting herself.

However, I have also educated her on not only the physical risk but also the emotional risk associated with having sex.

So, I completely understand why your mom has put her on BC pills and think that was a wise decision.

As far as the older guys coming to the house....TELL YOUR PARENTS!!!!!!
    I would be IRATE if this sort of thing went on behind my back when we left the house. You are 20 yrs old and have every right to kick these guys out of the house, at the very least (if your parents have a cell phone) call them and tell them these guys are at the house and let them come back and bust your sister and kick these guys out.

19. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

Or how about as a parent you raise the girls to respect themselves enough to not have sex at 15? Damn thats a crazy concept isn't it?

That is such a stupid argument. "oh if they are going to have sex anyways". Your kids are going to use drugs, why not provide them with clean needles? LOL

You need to give your children goals and focus. Being in situations, where a 15 yr old girl is having sex should not be acceptable. At 15 you should be focused on school, sports, or whatever else you are passionate about. Stay classy America.

20. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

regardless, if she's having sex, it's better she' s on BC than not

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Although I don't think there's anything wrong with having sex at 15, I'd encourage my child to wait a bit longer.

But this girl is already having sex. Good luck with trying to make her stop. :)

22. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I've heard the way these guys talk to my sister and her girlfriends. They are all white kids from the suburbs, but they say shit to each other like "don't trip", "why you gotta play me like that", and other things that stupid people say. The guys call them all "bitches", and tell them to "shut yo mouth ho". They dress like gangsters too. They also tell her how they are gonna fuck her in the ass later. She is part of an uneducated crowd. They are all morons, and they are all going to end up as white trash.

So yeah, raising your kids to have some self respect would be the best solution. My parents failed.

I don't love my sister or anyone else in the family, so I'm really not going to do anything about it. It's just gross to watch these older losers hanging out with young girls because girls 18-20 years old actually know that those guys are fucking homos. And it's unbelievable how my sister and her retarded little friends actually seem to enjoy being treated like "hoe's" and being told to shut the fuck up. Idiots. I'm gonna bail on this trash family as soon as I have enough money saved up.

23. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Maybe she's anemic and needs the birth control. :dunno:

24. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

no. She definitely got it because my mom doesn't want her getting pregnant at a young age like she did.

25. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I am SOOOOO glad I don't have you for a brother. Hearing that, I honestly feel bad for her, and I don't think you made this thread to try and help her.

She has probably came from a shit family, which includes you. So no wonder she has no self respect. And you aren't helping her out or giving it to her. In a girls life, an older brother is usually a VERY respected and good thing to have. They are there to protect, to help their sister out when they need it, to be there to listen, and to make sure no bad shit happens.

You are a failure of that.

*I'm sorry to be so rude, but the poster was acting like he was concerned, and then making a post like that proves it wrong. And it's very upsetting to me, the poor girl probably doesn't know anybetter..