My 12 year old sister weights 155 lbs..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kingfaz, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingfaz

kingfaz PiMP TasTiC

My 12 year old sister weighs 155 lbs..

and i'm getting really concerned about her health. she doesnt exercise much, and spends too much time watching TV. she eats a lot of junk and snack food too.

wot can i do to help? words dont seem to do much.. i can see her being obese if she carries on this way. by the way she's 5'6.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  2. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

weighs
    what
    use apostrophes in your contractions

That being said, there's not much you can do if she's not going to listen to you. More than likely your parents are contributing to her poor health. Talk to them and tell them to stop buying shit food. There was rarely any junk food around while I was growing up. No soda/pop, no fast food, no snacks. Parents bought lots of fruit and we had that as snacks. Occasionaly got treated with something once in a while. But I'm guessing there's junk food around all the time.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

:werd:

Where are the parents?

:hs: I commend you for caring and wanting to do something, but unless you are very close or are used to bossing her around, the parents have to do something. Like stop buying junk food and turn off the TV :hs:

4. kingfaz

kingfaz PiMP TasTiC

my parents dont seem to be that concerned.. sometimes they'll yell at her for eating junk food and stop her.. but the next day its bak to normal.

wot about exercising wise? wot is suitable for a 12 year old to do? i cud tag her along to my gym sometimes.. make her jog the treadmill or something?

5. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

If you can get her to the gym with you, then yeah have her do any kind of aerobic activities regularly. If you can pull her away from the tv for an hour a day she'll be fine. Go for bike rides with her, I was a bike riding freak growing up. You get tons of exercise and don't even realize it. I could ride for hours and hours and not even know it.

6. 5'6" and 145lbs...

She's not that overweight I don't think, she has some things men do not have (butt and boobs)...

7. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

Take a walk with her every once and a while or play a game that she likes to play. Telling her what to do and not to do wont help. You have to show her through things that she enjoys. But just get her outside and doin stuff.

As for her diet, you have to get that junk food out of the house, ill assume taht your parents are overweight as well so that might be hard. But thats really gonna be the key to her bein healthy.

Its great that you are concerned about her! There are to many people who just pass off obesity as being ok, especially in children, that can be devastating.

8. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

She's 155, and yeah, that is pretty porky. My little sister (15) is 5'8 and about 110-115. That's pretty thin, but my girlfriend is 5'5 and 128, and would like to lose a few.

9. mrorgy

mrorgy New Member

i think if she doesnt wanna exercise you'll just have to chase her around with a knife to make her run, and dont stop until she starts to sweat. After a while she'll just start running without any negative encouragement needed.

10. kingfaz

kingfaz PiMP TasTiC

thanks for the input people.

do fatter people tend to sweat more? cuz she sweats easily without even doing much work..

11. pimphat

pimphat hmmm

yes they sweat more easily

12. cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime

My GF is 5'6" and 113. At 155, she'd look pretty fat.

My suggestion would be to try and get her interested in sports or other activities that will get her more active.

Unlike boys, girls tend to not lose their "baby fat" when they hit high school. So you're right to be concerned for her now. Good luck.:)

13. waylander

waylander New Member

Tell your parents to stop surrounding her with junk food. She's too lazy to be working, so I know she's not paying for it.

14. trancezj

trancezj New Member

:rofl: :rofl: and we have a wiener

15. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

she's 5'6 and 155? Damn for a 12 year old thats huge. I mean all around, tall and heavy.

I can relate to this, my little bro is 12 and he's a tad overweight but he's active, he plays hockey. Actually when he's not playing hockey, he's on the computer or watching TV eating doritos and crap. Its my parents that put him on this diet.

WHat can you do?

16. waylander

waylander New Member

Wiener? Frank and beans...frank and beans.

17. waylander

waylander New Member

I guess let him know that people will tease him for his weight, people won't want to talk to him, he won't get a job he's qualified for if a skinny person applies, only fat chicks will like him (and thats only if there isn't a drunk skinny guy willing to give it to her), you know...tell him the truth.

18. trancezj

trancezj New Member

ah I'm sure gog will be availible as the drunk skinny guy.

19. waylander

waylander New Member

Gog's down with the fatties? I wonder if he will be my wingman.

Wiiiingmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn!

20. terse

terse New Member

being her big brother and all, i think you should just eat all the junk food in the house yourself, so she doesnt have any junk food to eat. :hs:

21. hirby3k

hirby3k i like my women how i like my coffee... autistic.

HOLY SHIT!!!! tell her to start respecting her body, the sooner she starts the better. and tell your parents to stop buying that shit and leaving it around the house.

22. kingfaz

kingfaz PiMP TasTiC

This topic is 13 months old.

My sister's weight has increased since from 155lbs to 170lbs

:(

23. 2WHT4U

2WHT4U New Member

don't worry she is just bulking

24. trancezj

trancezj New Member

You have a panoramic camera? is so pics?

Reguardless, this is bordering neglect/child abuse at this point. Hide the fucking little debbies! Do something, seriously.

25. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

you cant tell a 12 year old shit about dieting.

basically its your parents fault for putting shit food in the house.

wanna know my suggestion? accept it. shes going to get fatter and you're right, she'll eventually be obese and it'll probably be right around freshman year in HS. theres nothing you can do about it because if you nag her to get her to exercise and eat right she'll just get pissed at you.

what your parents need to do is lay down some fucking guidelines and buy good food.

allow 1 hour of TV per day, she chooses the hour and this must be very restricted, same should go for computer. or she can choose between computer/tv.

she must limit her calories and start exercising 4 - 5 times per week.

i think if your parents cared at all about hers and their own diets theyd stop buying shitty food but its obvious they dont, so theres nothing you can do but just accept it and live your own life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.