My 1 year semi-progress

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Psyc0, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

My 1 year semi-progress pics

Left pictures taken on 9-4-05 right on 9-6-06. I am 6'0, started at roughly 175 w/ a 31-32" waist (jean size). My scale just now read 202 and i'm wearing 33 or 34" waist jeans. Biceps up from just about 15 to just under 16. If any of you remember my last thread I tried out for UCLA football in January and was at about 190lbs during the weigh in but hit 200 just barely in February and continued bulking through April untill i started a cut. Unfortunately my cut didn't go too well and then in May I got mono and couldn't work out for a month. Then went away on vacation for a month so I was out for about 2 months. Been back in the gym for a month now and am back up a bit.

I know the lighting change kinda sucks but I couldn't duplicate the lighting. Its the same room but diff. camera and the flash on the new camera washes out everything completely (to the point where you can barely see my face in a normal picture with the flash in that rooms lighting). I don't really know my increases on the big 3 unfortunately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (didn't get a good flex in the traps here)

[​IMG]

Opinions? (yes i have the same watch/wristbands a year later :o) What should I hit harder?

EDIT: Leg Pics (I don't really know how to pose legs, does it show? :o )
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  2. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I see a little improvement in the chest, but for a year of working out, its not much change what-so-ever.

Looks like you needed to decide whether you were gonna bulk or cut, so you did neither.

Oh, and your back got a bit wider.

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Mono paired with my vacation ravaged me. I was down around 175 when I got back from my vacation :wtc:. Just figured I would give F&N an update now that i've been here a year. My first pics were the first that I posted on F&N

4. SeeVinceRun

You got mono on vacation? Sucks....

Keep working at it. What kind of increases have you seen in your lifts?

Looks like you got a little bigger, but it doesnt REALLY look like you have been pushing to increase your lifts.

EDIT- just to give you an example of my 1 year progress, I went from 160-187/189 and look totally different... I just dont want anyone to think im being overly critical here. Keep on hitting it hard and you'll see better results in the future.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  5. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I got mono right before vacation, I had finished recovering just before leaving which was a relief. I did however miss my finals spring quarter because of mono :wtc:

I can't remember what my lifts were from the first pics nor have I maxed in a long time. Right now (as of my last workouts) i'm at:
    Bench: 225x8
    Squat: 295x8
    Dead: 345x5

If I had to guess what they were a year ago they were probably around:
    Bench: 155x5
    Squat: 225x5
    Dead: 275x5

EDIT: Just found some old #s in an old log
    Dead: 255x6
    Flat DB Press: 60s (now doing 90s)
    Squat: 205x6

So I was pretty close on those estimates

6. SeeVinceRun

Those are some pretty healthy increases. I have no idea why you dont look considerably bigger. Gaining lots of strength, no discernable extra fat and 25 lbs....

7. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

:dunno: my old log records me at 178.5 at the time of pictures too, so I was pretty close on the 175 guess

8. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

wheels?

9. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I can go take recent pictures but I have no old ones. I was an F&N noob, didn't take leg shots :p So there will be nothing to compare to, lemme go take some

10. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Updated w/ Leg Pics

11. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

i see a thicker neck!

edit: gj btw looks good *jealous*

12. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

i see a lat increase and slightly more definition

ill give you some major props on the numbers increase, im curious as to why this isnt showing more in your body

13. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I am too, I am guess it may be because I was out of the gym for months before I actually started lifting again so I caught noob gains again when I got in? :dunno: thats the only thing that I could attribute the lack of body change to. I am pretty happy seeing the increase in my lats though from these pictures, those things were always a bitch for me to gain at all in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.