MMA MW Division is slowly stacking up.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Jan 5, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Before it looked like the MW division of the UFC was kind of dry but now the talent seems to be stacking up. I dont think anderson is going to be able to hold his title for to long because the competition is starting to get tougher and tougher. Right now theres
    Nathan Marquardt - former king of pancrase and he lost to anderson but hes still a game competitor.
    Thales Leites - Managed to beat Marquardt and has been on a five fight win streak in the ufc he only has one loss in his career as well.
    Chael Sonnen - hes a tough guy and he recently beat the crap out of paulo. He has a few losses but has only lost to big name guys like paulo, sobral and jeremy horn. I think he is going to be a force and is a definate contender in the mw division especially after beating filho.
    Denis Kang - hes a tough guy and a lot of people have him ranked in the top 10 I think he is another good contender and should get a title shot if he can string some wins together.
    Okami - he has a great record at 23 - 4, has won his last three fights, and since he has been in the UFC he has only lost one fight. That fight being to rich franklin who was on top of the division before anderson came around. He's definately the number one contender for the title.
    Michael Bisping - UFC's English poster boy, he is bassically getting built up like a lot of other fighters did but even then hes 17 - 1 and really marketable. He just recently beat leben and charles mcarthy so he does have some credibility now a days. Hes eventually going to be given a title shot but I dont think it will be any time soon. They are going to milk him for all hes worth ala diego sanchez and when he is ready for it or they have no other contenders they will throw him a title shot.
    Wandy - hugely marketable fighter and now that hes in the mw division he could easily get a title shot if he can put some wins together. I would love to see him fight anderson silva.
    Dan Henderson - one of the best fighters to come out at pride. He had a really good fight with rampage, beat pahlares who is a very dangerous and explosive grappler and is coming back up to 205. I can see him challenging again for the MW title in the future but theres a long line now a days.

2. XJ3B

XJ3B wat

demian maia

3. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

none of them will beat Anderson.

4. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Didnt Rick beat Okami after he was dethroned?

I just read on mmaweekly that Wandy doesnt want to go to 185.

5. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Maia ftw

6. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

scratch hendo off that list. he just moved up to 205

and this

7. roose

roose Guest

All those guys, except Kang and Sonnen, have been in the UFC for well over a year now...

8. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

kang will be a let down.

9. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

I have a feeling this will be true.

10. roose

roose Guest

nah

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

and may get a bit more stacked...

For all intents and purposes, EliteXC stopped functioning as a mixed martial arts company shortly after Seth Petruzelli knocked out Kimbo Slice. That event occurred close to three months ago. Since then, many of their fighters have remained out of action.

UFC President Dana White hopes that other top fighters not in the UFC pay close attention to what occurred with EliteXC.

“These guys are wasting their time by going to these fly by night companies,” White said. “That’s the worst thing an athlete can do - waste time. Fighters are crazy to waster their time.”

A few different companies have been rumored to be interested in purchasing the remnants of EliteXC. The most appealing assets of the company are the possibe television deals with CBS or Showtime and the fighter contracts.

While the UFC has not declared any recent interest in buying EliteXC, they have stated they do want to bring in a few of Elite’s fighters if they become available.

We are interested in a few people like Robbie Lawler, Jake Shields, and Gina Carano,” said White.

Lawler and Shields are obvious fits for the UFC. With the current state of the UFC’s middleweight division, Lawler could find himself in the middle of the title picture almost immediately. However, in the past, White had been steadfast against having women fight under the Zuffa banner. Recently, White has eased up on that stance when it comes to Carano. The fact that White is now openly promoting the possibility of bringing in Carano shows that women’s fighting is a real possibility for the UFC or WEC.

12. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

carano wtf

13. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

WEC might open a womens division

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

why not, they let whores ref.

15. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

:squint:

16. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Carano ftw

17. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

I don't want it to be, just saying I feel like he will be a let down :dunno:

18. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

Lousieau too

19. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

he'll be in contention with Leben to be the gatekeeper

20. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

wtf hes back

21. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

everyone in 185 is pretty much a gatekeeper.

leben, crow, ace, okami (arguable since he still hasnt gotten his shot at anderson), nate.

i hope to god that bisping doesnt pull a rashad on us and take out the spider.