Mutha F'n pissed!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 1.8t, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I'll explain my situation so you guys can see why. I go to school at Auburn University and have been using their student gym for years now. Well, good ole Auburn decided they were going to get us new weights. I am thinking heck yea, this will be great....the bars will actually have grips on them again. Well, little did I know how sucky this was going to be. I walked into the gym today after it had been closed for 3 days while they brought in the new weights and whatnot. I headed straight to the flat dumbell bench. For flat dumbell bench, I use the 115lb dumbells. I find the 115lb'ers only to see that these fuckers at about 3ft long!! I double check to make sure they are the 115's, sure enough, they are. These new weights they got are made from some type of synthetic rubber crap...its not as heavy as the good ole iron, so they have to have more of it to make the same weight. The only problem is, these weights are so tall, even with them touching completely together, my arms are STILL positioned to far away from my chest, so my motion is ALL screwed up. No joke, these dumbells look as big as the ones in Ronnie's "The Incredible" video, its rediculous. I immediately put them back in disgust, I can't dumbell bench with my hands that far out. I checked out the new plates they got. Once again, this synthetic crap. They have holes in them too so you can "grab" them better. This may be petty crap, but I FREAKING hate weights like that. What happened to the good ole 45lb iron plate?? I don't want to lift all of this slick plastic shit. So anyways, my days of working out for "free" are over. Some of you guys would probably just say, who cares, put enough of it on there and lift away. I can't stand it, I want what I guess now is "old school" style plates. So yea, I am pissed and will probably be gym shopping very soon. Oh yea, they also got 10 more machines at the expense of a couple of squat racks!!!!!!!!!

Cliffs: School gets new weights. New weights suck donkey balls. I want to find another place to workout.

2. ruler22

ruler22 Member

that sucks, I hope my gym never goes like that

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

That's what you get for going to a cow college :p

Then again our rec center only goes up to 120's but they're the plate loaded kind.

4. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Thats the way all the weights are at my gym. Deal with it.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

That's how they are at my gym. but the db's go up to 160..

the Plates and stuff for benching look plasticy and they're octagonal with hand holder spots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.