Mustang people...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PSUPef2K, Jul 6, 2005.

1. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

So 1 of my stock fogs finally went, and the other is about to. I want to replace both foglight bulbs, but also upgrade my headlights. I have heard good things about the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, but is there a foglight bulb that matches in light color to match (that doesn't blow after 2 months like the sylvania silverstars that match the headlight version)?

I drive a 2001 mustang, so the bulb numbers would also help in this case.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Your model year stang uses 9007 lamps I think.

I'd go with Philips VisionPlus over the Sylvania Silverstars.
    The Silverstars we get here in the US are NOT the ones they get in Europe. Ours here do not put out the lumens of the VisionPlus either.

I'm not sure what color you want to go on your fogs, but I'd advise amber. Amber provides greater contrast and less glare when driving through fog.
    Avoid "blue" bulbs like the plague. They only cut down on actual light output.

3. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

i had the Silverstar bulbs for headlights and they were matched by a pair of 893 Cuzo HyperWhite bulbs. They are 37.5w and actually match the headlights. i like them actually.

Overseas, they are not Sylvania. They are made by Osram - who owns Sylvania....at least last I knew this was the case.

Dunno about the VisionPlus bulbs though.

4. EZmfE

EZmfE The knife was this big

899 is the part #

5. showstopper2

showstopper2 Guest

check the foglight housings for cracks or splitting at the glue seams. they are notorious for that and leak in water which will keep blowing out your bulbs. no sense buying expensive bulbs if its just gonna keep happening.

6. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

Deff check the housing. I'm having the same problem with my pass side fog light assembly.

My fog lights might different than yours, but stock is Sylvania 893 for Cobra. The lights put out [email protected]

The exact same bulb, same company, different part # (885) produces [email protected] are in my car. Here is a pic of the 885's ..........

[​IMG]

The head lights are the gay blue ones. I have since changed them to the SilverStars that work GREAT !!!

Only problem with the 885's that I found was the wire tends to sometimes get hot due to the higher watts. What I did was remove the wires on both side and insulate them and placed them back in their stock location for a factory look. No problems yet. :x: