Mustang Notchback..

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by SoySauciAl, May 27, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

how fast are notchback 5.0 automatic with basic bolt ons? thinking about getting one.

2. Dragula

Dragula I has a TV

Depends on what you consider basic bolt ons to be. The automatic isn't going to help you, and the autos came with 2.73 rear end gears which is garbage for initial acceleration. About the only thing you have going for you is the light weight of the notchback. That being said, a friend of mine has a head/cam/intake notchback running low 12s on a stock block. It all depends on what you mean by bolt ons...intake? rockers? exhaust?

3. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

exhaust, cams, headers, gt40 heads, 4:10 gears, and i some other stuff i forgot.

4. Dragula

Dragula I has a TV

Alright, decent start. Do you have a stock intake? The stocker is one of the most restrictive parts on a mustang besides the e7te heads. How about a higher stall torque converter? If I were to make a guess, I'd say high 13s, low 14s with the automatic and the stock intake...Get rid of those or give the automatic some upgrades, get some slicks and it'll be decently quick.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  5. SporkLover

SporkLover New Member

sorry.... but although you do technically bolt in cams and heads... once you tear into the motor... it is not basic bolt ons ;)