MusicMatch Jukebox

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by antiabercrombie, May 16, 2007.

1. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

My computer's hard drive crashed and I got a new laptop.

I had MusicMatch Jukebox on my old computer and loved the way it tagged the mp3s and all the other features. Problem is, I've read a lot of reviews saying that the new versions suck and aren't even close to the older versions.

I think I was using version 7 or 8, but there's no way to go back and check. I think they just added a feature on the version I had that put the album art on your desktop background for the song that was playing.

So....what was the last "good" version of MusicMatch and is there anyway to legally download the full version?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

there is no "good" version of musicmatch

3. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

Go find Tag&Rename for your tagging needs.

4. antiabercrombie

I like MusicMatch, hence the point of this thread.

I would like to get the version before Yahoo got involved and it went downhill.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

then i feel sorry for you.

I absolutely do not recommend this, but I can't prevent people from screwing up, so I will at least share my ability to type basic words into a search engine. For example, if I type "musicmatch old version" I get a link to a website that offers old versions of that horrible product. But since you like musicmatch, I guess we can't fault you for being unable to perform simple internet searches, either.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=mmatch

6. antiabercrombie

I have that link, but it doesn't seem to be the full version. They want you to update to the newest version to get all the features. Plus, I’m not sure which one of those old versions is the last “good” one. “good” being an OPINION.

The one I had before the computer crash was a paid for, non-updated version.

Save your pity, but thanks for the search help and sincere overtones…

:rolleyes:

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Winamp Pro costs $20, doesn't suck, and does everything MusicMatch does except let you buy music. To make up for that "missing" feature, you can instead listen to pretty much every free internet radio station in existence via the Winamp Media Library.

EDIT: ("does everything MusicMatch does" implies that it has the same ability to rip, encode, and tag mp3s.)

8. antiabercrombie

I don't really buy music, just upload/rip cds and export to a few mp3 players.

Does Winamp let you tag, for example, on MusicMatch I tagged some songs for "running" for on the treadmill, or "weights" for weight lifting, or "mp3" for specific tracks I wanted to export to my mp3 player.

Then I could use the "Auto DJ" feature and it would randomly grab tracks that were tagged with that specification. Does the Winamp Pro have a similar feature?

I will check it out now and see what other features it offers (like music library display and playlist abilities).

Thanks for the advice!

9. deusexaethera

Yes, Winamp can do that. You can add comment tags like the ones you mentioned, then you can just type in "weights" or whatever into the search box and drop the entire list of results into the playlist, where they can be played in random order.

The Pro version also comes with Predixis MusicMagic that can analyse your music and compose playlists that flow smoothly from one song to the next. It is, as some would say, "mad tight".

10. antiabercrombie

Thanks for the info!

I will be looking into this when I get home and just might switch up.

And yes, that sounds "mad tight" :bigthumb:

11. antiabercrombie

Do you get free upgrades with the paid version (for life)?

12. deusexaethera

I paid for version 5.03. They're up to 5.34 now, and I've gotten the updates for free. I don't know if I'll get version 6.x for free also, but at the rate they're going, it will be a while before they get there, so :shrug: