muscle milk ok daily if cutting? if not how are substance wpi, syntrax, or dymatize?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by nicknamegoeshere, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicknamegoeshere

nicknamegoeshere New Member

basically i want to cut 5-10lbs at most, and im currently taking muscle milk only on my workout days and right after my workout (its usually 8-10pm). ive been reading about cutting and everyone seems to like the 5-6 meal approach, and i wanted to maybe add a protein shake in the morning or afternoon daily, regardless if i workout that day or not. i would still keep the muscle milk for after my workout though. i have read so much on this board the past few days, its almost an overload of information. i have a few questions:

1) would muscle milk be okay to have daily in the morning, and at night after my workouts? or would a different protein mix be better for the morning/afternoon?

2) i LOVE muscle milk chocolate. i am a very picky eater and if it doesent taste good, im a little bitch usually. if muscle milk is not opitmal in the monrings/afternoons, would the substance wpi, syntrax nectar, or dymatize be good instead?

3) as a muscle milk lover, which one of those 3 choices would you guys think i would like the best? i did my research and lowered down all the protein choices to those 3 as them seem like the most liked. i eliminated the ON whey protein because half the people are in love with it and half the people hate it, so i wouldnt want to take the $25 or risk on a tub of shit. so its basically primaforce substance wpi (watermellon), syntrax nectar (fuzzy navel) or dymatize elite whey (orange dreamsicle). those flavors seemed to be the most popular. so basically, have any of you muscle milk chocolate lovers tried these protein powders, and which ones/flavors did you like the best?

thanks a lot in advance for your advice guys.

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

i'd do something diff after workout if worrying that much, as it has fats in it....

just go with a straight protein around workout and don't worry about the rest too much if your calories are right and you're getting in adequate protein while cutting

3. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

if you watch your calorie intake you can use muscle milk, just it's a bitch since a serving in water is like 350 calories and only 32g of protein for all those cals. Even more cals with milk.

If ON is such a risk, but a 2lb tub and see if you like it. Funny hearing this from someone who pays over 25 dollars for 2lbs of muscle milk.

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I drink musclemilk even when I'm cutting. I do prefer to mix it with egg whites and water.
    I did sometimes just use 1 or 1 and 1/2 scoops instead of the two scoops per serving. Along with the egg whites, you still have more than enough protein, most of the taste but not nearly as much calories.

5. Big_Luke

Big_Luke serious as dick cancer

is mike registering AE's?

6. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

7. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

:rofl: that's what i thought when i read muscle milk

8. nicknamegoeshere

i just didnt want to waste the $25. i KNOW i like the muscle milk, so its not a risk.. and i get muscle milk for $20 including shipping. (2.48lbs)

9. nicknamegoeshere

whats AE's ?

10. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

You'll realize later on that when you start taking in supps, wasting money is only your inability to chug it down.

11. SteveO

SteveO Guest

A useless fact about muscle milk you might wanna know

The president of Cytosport used to work for Champion Nutrition. Champion marketed Muscle Milk (and it's EXACT contents) but sold it to pet stores and vets for large dogs. Basically, it was dog food.

The now president of Cytosport wanted to change the market for Muscle Milk and use it on athletes. The higher ups of Champion found that rather disgusting, as it was dog food (had a picture of the dog on the container and everything). So he left and started his own company, Cytosport, and stole the recipe for Muscle Milk, added just a dash of sugar to make it taste better, and marketed it towards athletes under the name of Muscle Milk. Champion sued Cytosport, but lost due to the fact that the ingredients were margionally different (only by about 150mg of sugar) and it was marketed towards humans, not pets. None the less, Cytosport was in debt for the first 5 years of its existance, but depended soley on the success of Muscle Milk.

Their entire company is founded upon dog food

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.