Muscle Memory v.cardiovascular?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by toconnx, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toconnx

toconnx New Member

So as anyone who can answer this question hopefully knows, if you've had strong muscles before and lost them, when you restart working out you will put on your muscle faster than if you hadn't previously had these large muscles. This is called muscle memory. My question pertains to cardiovascular excercise - if I used to be a fast runner and am just now getting back into running will my body react quicker than usual to my training?

2. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Maybe you'll gain another 11 pounds after running it :rofl:

3. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

I would say yes. I was really fast in high school, but didn't do much my first year of college. Once I started working out again and playing soccer and basketball, I was faster than ever and had my highest vertical leap. I still have it today too.

4. toconnx

toconnx New Member

I ran during highschool and all I have to say is that this is the most bullshit statement I've ever heard. Is how hard you push yourself mental? Yes. But if I run a mile in 8 minutes now, I'll be pretty fuckin tired. If I ran a mile in 8 minutes a year and a hafl ago at 155 while I was an XC runner, I would have been warmed up for a meet.

5. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

working out is mental, you can be like one of the slouches at the gym who walk in sit down unmotivatedly do maybe 3 excersizes no way near proper form or anything and leave....ive seen this too often

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.