Multiple monitor program

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Traynor, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Traynor

Traynor New Member

i was wondering if anyone had any clue how to write a program that is easy to switch frrom ur pc monitor ro a tv monitor, assumed everything is already plugged it and set up. i need to use c++ and its gotta be a GUI. I dunno what windows api i should be looking for. does anyone have a clue?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what are you trying to do?

because really it's not a different way to program, its just how you represent your gui and allow the user to interact. Bigger text, buttons, etc. The only thing that makes a TV different from a monitor is the resolution you can get, and the distance your audience is from the screen.

3. Traynor

Traynor New Member

no no, i dont think u understand what i need to program. I need to write a program that switchs it, so if my pc monitor is active and i watch to switch it to my tv, its just a click of a button instead of going through the display settings and shit.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

err, I thought ATi already had a tray icon to do that?

in any case, it'd be card-specific I would think.

5. Toaster Oven

Toaster Oven Guest

You can do that with ATI Hotkeys if you have an ATI vid card.

6. Traynor

Traynor New Member

well, this isnt for me. this is for my cousin who is disabled, he needs a quick thing. he parallyzed from the waist down and has a hard time using his hands, hes very weak and he asked me for this. he said he wants an exe that when he clicks it is asks him to switch to the one thats not on.

7. Toaster Oven

Toaster Oven Guest

Well here's an idea. If he has a Logitech mouse(or any that supports programmable buttons) and an ATI vid card, he could assign the default switch amongst displays hotkey (Alt + F5) to one of the buttons on the mouse. Then he could just click and switch.

8. Traynor

Traynor New Member

oh shit, thanks buddy, thats an even better idea. but im not sure if he has an ati card.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

a cheap ati card is <$40... so if he doesn't, just get one.