WEB Multiple documentroots without hosting software?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 4thgenceli, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Cliffs:

Trying to get a 2nd documentroot setup so I can have bigfuckeringfiles.blarg in documentroot /some/path/not/on/os/drive while I keep the html and layouts in the typical /var/www directories.

I changed the 000-default apache2 file to the /other/path and was able to do everything there (like it was /var/www), however I would like the html files to stay. Why you ask?

[email protected]:/home/hotmanaction# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 9.4G 8.7G 0.7G 92% /
    varrun 506M 68K 506M 1% /var/run
    varlock 506M 0 506M 0% /var/lock
    udev 506M 72K 506M 1% /dev
    devshm 506M 0 506M 0% /dev/shm
    /dev/sdb1 779G 24G 755G 3% /media/media
    [email protected]:/home/hotmanaction##

A lot of that is media (jpg, mp3, mov, etc). I'd like to move all those to the /media store.

2. Karnejj

Karnejj “A true conservative is one who can't see any diff OT Supporter

One setup I used involved a LigHTTPd server to handle all requests initially, but passed requests for PHP files to the Apache server.

Sounds like that might apply to what you're trying to do here, though you could probably handle it with Apache configs alone.

http://www.linux.com/feature/51673

3. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Hrm, I'm not sure that'll do what I'm trying to acomplish. I'll test it out on a dev server see what it does (cloned my live system for testing as well).

I think what I'm trying to do is umpossible, and my only solution is to increase the drive's storage (it's doable, but a pain in the arse). I run coppermine on here as well, so all the coppermine configurations & files are in the /var/www/gallery directory. All of the pictures and such are stored in /var/www/gallery/albums. I was just wanting to offload the /albums directory to another store.

I was reading up on some directory re-directs, so that's anther option I'm checking out now too.

4. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Yeah, the lighttpd didn't work as I thought it wouldn't.

I tried some directory linking, but that failed to :|