Multi Media Subwoofer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ignited, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

Mar 5, 2007
    So i'm debating some subwoofers and need some input on which would be best. They are both less than 150$ so keep in mind when making suggestions and comments. The sub would be use mainly for music listening.

Dayton ES8 Elite(100 watt)
    • Adjustable crossover—40 to 140 Hz
    • High output, bass-reflex design
    • Flared port for low port chuffing
    • Solid 3/4" MDF cabinet construction
    • Front-firing 8" subwoofer
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial] Specifications: • 8" high-excursion woofer • 100 watt RMS amplifier • Frequency response: 30-180 Hz (-3 dB) • Dimensions: 18-1/2" H x 13" W x 17" D

Energy ESW-8 (200 watt)

• Single bass-reflex design subwoofer with front-firing port
    • 8" MMP Cone with patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology
    • Power output: 200 Watts
    • Frequency Response: 33Hz-150Hz +/- 3dB
    • Inputs: Line In/Sub In and Speaker Level In
    Or any suggestions? I'd like it to have RCA line outs so i can run the signal to my speakers via RCA cables. Thanks
  2. zatotheck

zatotheck New Member

Apr 19, 2008
  3. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Sep 23, 2005
    In a home theater setup you usually have your sub hooked up to the subwoofer output, and the rest of your speakers will have their own outputs. So I am curious why you need the RCA output from the sub?

I'm guessing you would then have an external amp for the rest of your speakers or what?

Edit: for your price range I would look into somthing like this Has your RCA inputs and outputs as well. a 12" woofer is going to perform a bit better for music than an 8" IMO depending on what you listen to.
    Last edited: May 3, 2009